SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

24 minutes ago, Jack152 said:

From what I've heard, no. It's a lease.

Correct. Land is owned by Carolina Capital Land Partners. However, this is the only land right here that they own and it is a (relatively speaking) small plot. So for it to be developed, someone would have to assemble the land and choose to building something right next to the Proffitt Dixon complex (or whoever is doing that. I think this land is safe for a while, but it is definitely stupid to not own this time. Blake generally is just flying by the seat of his pants hahahah.

Edited by Jayvee

26 minutes ago, Jack152 said:

From what I've heard, no. It's a lease.

Looking at real estate records a group Carolina Capital Investment Partners closed on this site on 10/6.  http://carolinacapitalinvestmentpartners.com/ looks like more than a single owner so hopefully they want this in their portfolio for the foreseeable future!

Liked the Agendas patio comparison to Highland's.  The building rendering first brought me to mind of Public School/Banks Bar which is also in Asheville

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

13 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I keep seeing people calling it sterile. Throw some crap on the building and it's straight out of American pickers. It's a 90s afterthought corrugated add on, it's hard to convey dented metal in maya. It'll be shabby chic as hell.

Agreed. I've said it before and I'll say it again: a critical mass of stickers and show posters can turn almost any building, establishment, or general area into a cool spot. It makes a new, sterile development feel more authentic, and a crappy, modest building feel more hip.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

4 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Correct. Land is owned by Carolina Capital Land Partners. However, this is the only land right here that they own and it is a (relatively speaking) small plot. So for it to be developed, someone would have to assemble the land and choose to building something right next to the Proffitt Dixon complex (or whoever is doing that. I think this land is safe for a while, but it is definitely stupid to not own this time. Blake generally is just flying by the seat of his pants hahahah.

This investment group owns the new Common Market parcel as well as the large neighboring parcel on Tremont that is being developed with apartments (by Pollack Shores).  These parcels went through rezoning together this summer.  They have future plans to develop the area between the new CM and the planned apartments.  It's not unthinkable that the new CM parcel could be included in that future development.

Just now, 11 HouseBZ said:

Wow. What's the time frame for this? 

I have a call with the Broker at 11, hopefully I'll have more "official" information then. I know its about 75k sq feet with hopefully 10k+ retail.

Business Journal did a photo gallery of 7 top SouthEnd projects here it is: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/14/under-construction-7-projects-making-progress-in.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2016-11-14&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1479160538&j=76459771   I really like the Lennar Pepsi project and I dont like many of the apartment complexes but this one is nice I think. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 10:11 AM, Ryan20 said:

Who is gonna pay $900K per townhome after this case of suspected arson and the shooting at Midnight Diner earlier this year? :(

Edited by ChessieCat

4 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

A co-worker knows my interest in the town homes across from Common Market and happens to be friends with the developer on Facebook and shared this rendering he posted.

townhomes.png

That rendering doesn't make a lot of sense because the townhomes aren't on a corner. Here is the site plan. 

Capture.PNG

33 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

That rendering doesn't make a lot of sense because the townhomes aren't on a corner. Here is the site plan. 

Capture.PNG

I agree but then thought the picture may be taken as if you are on W Tremont looking back toward the Narrow street in the site plan.  When you look at it that way, it'd make sense you'd see the garage doors for the second row of units.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

In a stunning, but not that surprising move, RAM has sold Design Center of the Carolinas for a staggering 42.7 Million Dollars. It signals some very big things ahead for the Design Center. Ram is holding onto the parking lot outparcels, and will likely still develop their apartments and hotel. The only thing that sold was the building itself. The most interesting part about this whole thing is WHO bought it. The company, Asana, is made up of 5 former Edens employees (among others)... all with a 100% retail background, and the company bills itself as a Retail Real Estate Investment Company. I've been hearing that Design Center would go all retail for some time now, and this signals that Design Center, without a doubt will be going all retail, and with the purchase price... It is going to be some game changing retail. 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article117684703.html

There are a handful of retail deals already in process there, and Asana will definitely be able to use their retail expertise to snowball that into more deals. A lot of the retailers out there looking want the historic space versus new, so with Atherton having little space left, this is the next best option. It won't go to 100% retail, but a good portion of it will at the end of the day. 

• Like 1