SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Trinity Capital is planning a 14 story, 300k sqft office building at Morehead and Tryon named "1000 Tryon". Some ground floor retail will be included. Not sure how I feel about that massive looking parking deck though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/10/trinity-capital-planning-14-story-office-building.html

EDIT: looks like they need an anchor tenant first. 

Can't wait to work there, and hit the Caberet at lunch everyday.

Trinity Capital is planning a 14 story, 300k sqft office building at Morehead and Tryon named "1000 Tryon". Some ground floor retail will be included. Not sure how I feel about that massive looking parking deck though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/10/trinity-capital-planning-14-story-office-building.html

Well that is certainly a cool project. Would love to see some smaller buildings lining this area to, as AirNostrumMAD said, close that visual gap.

The article does mention that their is going to be multi-family facade around the parking deck.  I'm imagining something similar to the townhomes around the lowes in dilworth. 

I've been saying I'd be surprised if 3 office towers were built. Now I'd be extremely surprised if all were built this go-around. I'm hoping so and I think 1000 South ate ton is in a unique position with what I imagine maybe cheaper land than uptown.

This is exactly what I have been wanting to see more of in this area. Fifteen to twenty five story towers close to 277 dropping down to ten or so as you go a few blocks south on tryon. The area bound by Mint, Morehead, South, and Bland is horribly underutilized. I'm now a little excited about this project because despite it only being fourteen stories I think it will be huge in extending the skyline.

And yes that garage is massive, but if it is wrapped then I guess it isn't too bad.

Great news, but of COURSE it would be on the corner that currently has functional retail (ugly though it may be). Not worth griping over much I just would rather see it in the completely empty former Ascot Inn lot or something. 

All this potential office spaces frustrates me I'm stuck down here on Westinghouse when we're renovating the 3rd floor of our current location.  Already signed the lease for 5-7 more years :(

We're not big enough to anchor any potential tower but I just want to bike to work; is that so hard to ask?!?

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

All this potential office spaces frustrates me I'm stuck down here on Westinghouse when we're renovating the 3rd floor of our current location. Already signed the lease for 5-7 more years :(

We're not big enough to anchor any potential tower but I just want to bike to work; is that so hard to ask?!?

Stuck in Hintersville, I feel you dude.

Edit: huntersville, but lol to that autocorrect.

Edited by ah59396
  • Like 3

I'm glad to see the development too!  This intersection is already quite difficult to maneuver during rush hour.  I wonder how adding all of that extra traffic will make this one.  And it looks like West Parking is finally giving up some of their prime money making parking lots for us daily parkers - not to mention the Panther's home games!  The search is on for a new place to park!  I guess those that are going to be living in the apartments on the other side of that lot are going to be looking straight into a parking deck!

I'm glad to see the development too! This intersection is already quite difficult to maneuver during rush hour. I wonder how adding all of that extra traffic will make this one. And it looks like West Parking is finally giving up some of their prime money making parking lots for us daily parkers - not to mention the Panther's home games! The search is on for a new place to park! I guess those that are going to be living in the apartments on the other side of that lot are going to be looking straight into a parking deck!

Welcome to the city

10660289_401652003319821_283926109193247

I really think this is much better than the other Apartments, just because the brick is not completely uniform. Makes it that much better looking. Hopefully the final product will keep going in a decent direction.

10660289_401652003319821_283926109193247

I really think this is much better than the other Apartments, just because the brick is not completely uniform. Makes it that much better looking. Hopefully the final product will keep going in a decent direction.

I can attest from driving by it fairly regularly, it's far superior to anything else under construction in south end.

I can attest from driving by it fairly regularly, it's far superior to anything else under construction in south end.

I have only walked behind it on the rail trail, and that was about a month ago when I was last in town. I have some pictures from the back that are a little less flattering. A lot more "Stucco" on the back side.

Fencing is up for demo of the buildings at the 1616 Camden site. Can't wait to see this one get going.

Agreed.....getting more people working there during the day is what is needed.  Design Center does well, but 1616 Center should cater to a different type of office user.  Getting a great mix and more people on the street will be fantastic, and should help the retailers.

I'm looking forward to the Design Center announcement.  I would love for them to re-introduce the 1950's mod hotel at the corner of West and Hawkins.  This area really would benefit from a boutique hotel I think.

TP-Blog-Post-image.png

Trinity partners, 14 floor with ground retail. "Once we have a committed anchor tenant, we’ll break ground on 1000 South Tryon with a 15 month construction schedule." Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here before.

http://www.trinity-partners.com/news/1000-south-tryon-office-building-announced-for-charlottes-south-end/

TP-Blog-Post-image.png

Trinity partners, 14 floor with ground retail. "Once we have a committed anchor tenant, we’ll break ground on 1000 South Tryon with a 15 month construction schedule." Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here before.

http://www.trinity-partners.com/news/1000-south-tryon-office-building-announced-for-charlottes-south-end/

Been mentioned in this thread and another I think. A few days ago :whistling::hi:

• Like 1