Election '08: Primaries

JDC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have to wonder if this isn't giving Obama a little extra credibility in the eyes of non-Democrats, as he is clearly projecting himself as a relief from the Clintons. I'm fairly certain that, race issues aside, Obama is much less hated on the right than the Clintons and Kennedys... that may play to his advantage in November as it will be much harder for the GOP to rally true hatred of a guy that's generally agreeable and has a pretty clean record.

Well whether it gives Obama any extra credibility remains to be seen, its really too early to tell. We will know that better when the GE campaigning actually gets started. One thing I'm concerned about though is Obama is slipping with the Jewish vote because of his stances on negotiating with Iran and Hamas. If he lost the Jewish vote, it would reportedly be the first time in the Democrat's history it has happened. Lieberman basically backing McCain doesn't help either. Yes its a small voting block, BUT all it takes in a GE is one to loose the whole thing. As for Obama's "clean" record, history has shown us (at least recently) that those with the better record don't always win (2000 and 2004 come to mind). If you have visited any of the Republican sites/blogs/forums, the GOP hate machine is alive and well with a mass army of supporters. One last note, never underestimate a politican's (Democrat, Republican or otherwise) ability to turn a molehill into a mountain ;) .

It looks like Clinton has made it public that she's open for being Obama's VP if it helps the Democrats to take over the White House. Her goose is as good as cooked in this primary and I think after today we'll see a complete shift away from Clinton and all eyes will be on Obama/McCain going forward.

MSNBC also saying that Obama can now claim the nomination. On a side note, the Catholic priest that spoke at Obama's former church (his name is evading me right now) as a guest has now been asked by the Cardinal of Chicago for his resignation. For those who don't know, the Cardinals of the church are second only to the Pope, so when you get asked for such a thing from a Cardinal, you have really offended the church in some way.

Edit: UNREAL! Hilary has just stated that she is going to CONTINUE campaigning and calling super delegates to try and win the nomination! While I admire the fight she has in her, she needs to realize that she has lost and NOW is the time to wrap it up. This is really pathetic now...

MSNBC also saying that Obama can now claim the nomination. On a side note, the Catholic priest that spoke at Obama's former church (his name is evading me right now) as a guest has now been asked by the Cardinal of Chicago for his resignation. For those who don't know, the Cardinals of the church are second only to the Pope, so when you get asked for such a thing from a Cardinal, you have really offended the church in some way.

Edit: UNREAL! Hilary has just stated that she is going to CONTINUE campaigning and calling super delegates to try and win the nomination! While I admire the fight she has in her, she needs to realize that she has lost and NOW is the time to wrap it up. This is really pathetic now...

I watched the John McCain speech vs Obama tonight. The difference between the two was flabberghasting. McCain looked old tired and angry and most of his speech consisted of hurling insults at Obama. He gave this in front of a very small crowd of older White people which is hardly representative of the people in New Orleans where the speech was given.

Obama on the other hand gave one of the best speeches that I have ever heard made and this was in front of a stadium full of people.

The primaries are over.

This day comes but once...

Who'd ever thought there would ever be a bi-racial presumptived presidential nominee? Will we see a more diverse crowd of all races and sexes running for President in the future? I surely hope so.

Monsoon... I agree, I heard McCain's speech on Potus 08 and man he sounded close to senile. And the person I most associated him with is Will Forte's Tim Calhoun. He sounded just like him! I could see the index cards!

I watched the Hillary speech as well. She really looked like someone who couldn't let it go. Maybe a few days off will clear her mind. It should be noted that she has not conceded the race nor did she recognized that Obama is now the presumptive nominee. (she congratulated him for running)

Hillary will still be running come November. And now her surrogates are trying to force Obama to offer her the VP slot. The nerve.

On a side note, the Catholic priest that spoke at Obama's former church (his name is evading me right now) as a guest has now been asked by the Cardinal of Chicago for his resignation. For those who don't know, the Cardinals of the church are second only to the Pope, so when you get asked for such a thing from a Cardinal, you have really offended the church in some way.

Here are the differences in all 3 speeches. McCains speech was about Obama. Hillary's Speech was about herself and Obama's speech was about the American People.

But McCain's speech was just horrible. Thats the worst speech I ever heard from him and that didnt bode well for McCain given how great Obama's speech was and the fact that 30,000 people went to see Obama last night and about a hundred people went to see McCain. Its very clear who has the momentum.

But McCain's speech was just horrible. Thats the worst speech I ever heard from him and that didnt bode well for McCain given how great Obama's speech was and the fact that 30,000 people went to see Obama last night and about a hundred people went to see McCain. Its very clear who has the momentum.

that could be attributed to the fact that mccain is currently in a lull in his campaign because of the democratic primary taking over all the spotlight. i'm sure his audiences will increase once he starts seriously campaigning against obama.

I watched the John McCain speech vs Obama tonight. The difference between the two was flabberghasting. McCain looked old tired and angry and most of his speech consisted of hurling insults at Obama. He gave this in front of a very small crowd of older White people which is hardly representative of the people in New Orleans where the speech was given.

Obama on the other hand gave one of the best speeches that I have ever heard made and this was in front of a stadium full of people.

The Obama speech from last night:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The McCain speech:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Why does everyone feel the need to hijack Obama's campaign slogans, and then diss him on the basis of "empty words" and "rhetoric"? First it was "yes she will." Now it's "A leader we can believe in" coming from John McCain.

I didn't expect Hillary to concede last night, but as the panel on CNN said last night, the way she didn't concede was pretty interesting.

I was flabberghasted that McCain would paint Obama as someone running for purely personal reasons when he has made the American people central to the themes of his campaign (and let's not act like McCain doesn't have his own). But that's GE politics, I suppose.

Archived