Election '08: Primaries

JDC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a very political answer, you should run for office. I don't know if you agree with my position or not. Harriet Myers was not qualified for the position either in my opinion, but Hillary would be even less qualified. If McCain or his surrogates were to suggest doing this for Giuliani for example, I would be outraged at that as well. Some things should remain above politics as much as possible.

I have heard from many about the "liberal" US media. Yet the corporate sanitized media in the USA is quite conservative. You would never see a piece such as this on CNN, NBC, ABC, etc. It's unfortunate that no major cable or satellite system will carry the english version of this news network and the USA is the only place in the world where you can't see how the rest of the world views the US now.

I have heard from many about the "liberal" US media. Yet the corporate sanitized media in the USA is quite conservative. You would never see a piece such as this on CNN, NBC, ABC, etc. It's unfortunate that no major cable or satellite system will carry the english version of this news network and the USA is the only place in the world where you can't see how the rest of the world views the US now.

i love the lady who says she won't vote for a black man, but she's not racist. what is wrong with these people? i mean seriously. if that's not racism, what is?

It seems as though people don't want to be thought of as being a racist and don't want to come with terms with their inner values, but the words from her mouth spoke volumes about what her true values are. It is sad that this is still happening in America.

">

">

You often demonstrate the ability to point out the flaws of others, narcissism at its finest. You would have to be living under a rock not to know that people like this exist, the question is what should be done about them. Should we parade them all over the news so that people like you can feel better about yourself?

Gosh how far can she possibly sink??????

Sen. Clinton has said that she'll stay in the race, since one never knows what can happen---then she recalled Bobby Kennedy's assasination in the middle of the 1968 campaign.

Crass... and insensitive to the max.

ps: she apologized shortly after the remark.

Hello? Are you there? The point of the post was not to point out that people like this exist. You just proved my point. LOL Aside from that, your sarcastic response to that video received the appropriate response. If you are expecting people here to respect your posts you have to at least make an effort to participate on an adult level. If not, then I suggest you find another forum.

In my view, the racist remarks in the posted video above (about not voting for a black man) is fair fodder for anti-US propaganda. It is a perfect example of one of our country's most sickening realities.

Instead of lambasting foreign medias for reporting this stuff, why in the hell don't we properly educate our people? Lots of rock-bottom ignorance in the States.

Why shouldn't our enemies use racism against us in their propaganda? In lots of ways we deserve it. After all we're the ones who accept bargain basement educational standards in our country---leading to deplorable ignorance as exhibited by those Kentucky folks.

Perhaps it goes without saying, but I am simply flabbergasted that in this day and age white people would vote against a black candidate because of race.

Radical Arab medias aren't the only ones reporting these things. Castro's Cuban media has been reporting this stuff for years. American racism is alive and well, and the rest of the world is well aware of it.

What a national embarrassment. Can some far-sighted leader possibly put education on the top of the list of priorities? A superior education is racism's biggest enemy.

I am simply flabbergasted that in this day and age white people would vote against a black candidate because of race.

... American racism is alive and well, and the rest of the world is well aware of it.

If it were trying to paint her supporters with a broad brish it would probably have found people like that in Pennsylvania, Ohio, etc., instead it focused on a region of the country that most know to be poorer and arguably behind the times. It did speculate that many elsewhere were privately thinking similar thoughts, but, um, well, they probably are. But I at least didn't detect any Hillary connection with that speculation, no broad bush painting.

As far as getting a rise out of people, I'm generally curious to what audience you are referring. If anything al Jazeera is showing it's viewing base that America is not that different from the rest of the world.

^ ???

What are you confused about? erdogs asserted that they were painting Hillary's supporters with a broad brush, I said if that were the case they would have found racist people in Ohio and Pennsylvania, two states you will recall that she won, and known for being more current and modern, and parade them on the news bite. But they didn't do that.

Where did you get it's ok to be white and racist?

^ ???

What are you confused about? erdogs asserted that they were painting Hillary's supporters with a broad brush, I said if that were the case they would have found racist people in Ohio and Pennsylvania, two states you will recall that she won, and known for being more current and modern, and parade them on the news bite. But they didn't do that.

Where did you get it's ok to be white and racist?

Indeed. Though it was one of those "I am sorry if it offended" type of non-apoligy apologies. What was she thinking especially in light of the fact that Bobby's brother, Ted Kennedy was diagonosed with malignant brain cancer this week. Amazing.

Archived