Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

6 minutes ago, km1789 said:

I'm afraid not. I lost the original files. This is high res photomerge of 10 or so separate photos.  

The colors are so vibrant and nice, I can probably work with it. Thanks very Kindly!

Edited by Guest

On December 11, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Nick2 said:

clteast2.png

clt form east.png

I personally would love to see Marshall park stay and a big renovation. I really like how much water there is.  Or I'd like to see a development tied into Marshall with a restaurant facing the little pond. 

A quick Google will show how beautiful and large the pond is. It's a unique feature to uptown that should be treated like an asset. Not swept into the bin of history

&h=363&w=236&tbnid=l8-VX3m-bBEWPM:&docid

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Yeah, the problem with Marshall Park isn't the park itself, but the lots around it. They're all useless, save for the government center, which even that is a dead space along 3rd St. Though it's fitting that it was basically built for city employees, and was even named after a former city manager who always dreamed of a park there.

I mean, when a park's neighbors are this guy, and this dude, and this jerk, and even this church's parking lot, you are condemning a place meant for public interaction to a sad, lonely death. 

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 0:52 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

Yeah, the problem with Marshall Park isn't the park itself, but the lots around it. They're all useless, save for the government center, which even that is a dead space along 3rd St. Though it's fitting that it was basically built for city employees, and was even named after a former city manager who always dreamed of a park there.

I mean, when a park's neighbors are this guy, and this dude, and this jerk, and even this church's parking lot, you are condemning a place meant for public interaction to a sad, lonely death. 

The city shot itself in the foot.  It could have opened up basically a full block by moving the aquatic center (MCAC) to where the CMS office building is, Some of MCAC amenities could be shared with Marshall Park, parking could be shared with the Office Building, Put in a below ground deck and expand Marshall Park.  Doing that would open enough land for a couple of Catalyst/Element style buildings, plus the three hotels there, and maybe even have space for a Ascent style building all facing the park.  With the renovations to the MCAC though it'll probably be another 20+ years before that is feasible.   

• 2 weeks later...

ClearSky has another new great album called Homeplate under the helicopter aerials. Here is a couple from the album. The southern portion of Uptown, particularly when 300 South Tryon & it's hotel and all of the Stonewall projects start to rise is going to look pretty impressive.

p1789361006-4.jpg

p1638143117-4.jpg

For comparisons sake from 2007:

p884620467-4.jpg

p628499448-4.jpg

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

ClearSky has another new great album called Homeplate under the helicopter aerials. Here is a couple from the album. The southern portion of Uptown, particularly when 300 South Tryon & it's hotel and all of the Stonewall projects start to rise is going to look pretty impressive.

p1789361006-4.jpg

p1638143117-4.jpg

Interesting that if you look through that album, the major focus of the  photos is centered on the parking deck next to Residence Inn and beside both BOA and BB&T.  Something must be afoot!

10 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Interesting that if you look through that album, the major focus of the  photos is centered on the parking deck next to Residence Inn and beside both BOA and BB&T.  Something must be afoot!

I thought the EXACT same thing. However that garage makes an UNGODLY amount of money. Last time I checked into things it was one of the highest grossing garages in uptown and Duke is land owner (401 SOUTH GRAHAM STREET LLC owns the surface lot). Would love to see something happen here though

Edited by Jayvee

5 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I thought the EXACT same thing. However that garage makes an UNGODLY amount of money. Last time I checked into things it was one of the highest grossing garages in uptown. Would love to see something happen here though

Well, they wouldn't have to get rid of the parking garage, right? Just build in the little convenient square cut out. (CharlotteAgenda should find out whether the WoodField Graham project is called Home Plate Lofts)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

3 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Well, they wouldn't have to get rid of the parking garage, right? Just build in the little convenient square cut out

Yeah it would certainly appear that is possible, especially given that the garage looks like it was built assuming something would go on that lot. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN (for reference, this lot is close to .7 acres, the lot for Ascent is close to .86 acres)

Edited by Jayvee

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

I don't know why, but I've always thought that spot would be a good place for a diner. Anybody else here agree?

I'd also like to see a mural on the side of the parking deck. That would look good.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2016 at 3:22 PM, AirNostrumMAD said:

p1789361006-4.jpg

It's a shame that Gateway Station continues to sit in limbo. That area of Uptown will remain stagnant until some sort of resolution materializes.

44 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

It's a shame that Gateway Station continues to sit in limbo. That area of Uptown will remain stagnant until some sort of resolution materializes.

At least the Amshack will be built soon. The one in Norfolk looks nice, and I hope this one does too.

The one area I would most like to see developed is the block in between 4th, 3rd, Mint, and Poplar. Feels like the last remnant of when Third Ward was nothing but a sea of parking lots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

Hey everyone...just a few shots of Uptown after last's nights win over the Seahawks....(disclaimer...camera phone pics so don't be too harsh)

UptownCLT3.jpg

UptownCLT2Jan2016.jpg

I really loved all the blue.  Not sure if anyone else had this feeling, but Sunday was the first time I felt like Charlotte had a "pulse".  The city was electric.  It was a really awesome experience.

#keeppounding

• Like 1