Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

I know I'm biased here, but damn does Charlotte have an amazing skyline. I really like how some of the holes between many of the towers are filling in. Imagine that shot once North Tryon gets going and Levine finally finishes his "development for dummies" coloring book.

Will 300 South Tryon be visible from this angle?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Piedmont767 said:

/\ We need more density in our skyline!

5 hours ago, Piedmont767 said:

/\ We need more density in our skyline!

Well a good half of the land in this picture has uber dense plans in the works for it. I can't wait to see Citisculpt, Conformity and Crescent's master plans for Brooklyn Village, and for the Walton Plaza Land.

I think we need more iconic skyscrapers in our skyline.

Sure, it couldn't hurt to have more; but for a city this size, Charlotte has more iconic towers than most.

I feel like if The Vue's crown hadn't been value engineered, those spires would have made it pretty iconic on the skyline.

I love the architecture on top of the Interstate Tower. If it had another 10-20 stories, it would make a very impressive impact on the skyline as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458487221.691555

I can count four towers in that pic that I would consider "iconic" for a city the size of Charlotte. Are they going to make it onto a Monopoly board? Probably not. But I'm happy with the skyline this city has been blessed with. It has a good deal of density and is well balanced (as opposed to Atlanta's sprawly flagpole method.)

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

Sure, it couldn't hurt to have more; but for a city this size, Charlotte has more iconic towers than most.

I feel like if The Vue's crown hadn't been value engineered, those spires would have made it pretty iconic on the skyline.

I love the architecture on top of the Interstate Tower. If it had another 10-20 stories, it would make a very impressive impact on the skyline as well.

(Pic removed for space)

I can count four towers in that pic that I would consider "iconic" for a city the size of Charlotte. Are they going to make it onto a Monopoly board? Probably not. But I'm happy with the skyline this city has been blessed with. It has a good deal of density and is well balanced (as opposed to Atlanta's sprawly flagpole method.)

monopoly-here-now-us-edition-charlotte-n

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/community/news-alliance/wbtv-news/article15406079.html

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AuLukey said:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458487221.691555

Yes, it would be cool if the Interstate Tower (is it still called that?) was twice as tall.

And I wasn't complaining about our skyline, far from it. Charlotte is blessed with a beautiful skyline.

But, you know...more, please. :)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 8:13 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

I thought it was called Independence Tower? It's one of my favorites.

Monopoly better choose a good photo of her Lady Charlotte...

Independence Tower is the gray-banded non-entity of a building across the street.

It was the dreck we got to replace the Independence Building, North Carolina's first steel-frame skyscraper.

• Like 1

^The view of the skyline from this spot has always been one of my favorites (minus the slew of power lines). Love the rail yard in front of the shiny,new towers. Somewhere I have a shirt that I picked up at Black Sheep probably around fifteen years ago with a considerably less dense shot of this. Awesome to see the drastic change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

^The view of the skyline from this spot has always been one of my favorites (minus the slew of power lines). Love the rail yard in front of the shiny,new towers. Somewhere I have a shirt that I picked up at Black Sheep probably around fifteen years ago with a considerably less dense shot of this. Awesome to see the drastic change.

I kind of like the power lines in that pic (don't hate me). It contributes to that whole old/rusted vs new and shiny dichotomy that Charlotte has going on in that picture. But the skyline would have looked better of course without them.

Amazing picture! 

• Like 4