Block 11 Tower Progress

urbanvb

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the pics, flipped. I had the same problem with my picture, except it was sideways. Is there any way to fix the upload system?

And from the 264/Mount Trashmore side, Town Center really looks pretty nice. Same for when you drive up Constitution from Bonney Road. The condos leading up to TC are a nice touch...

post-25048-0-69306300-1387806787_thumb.j

post-25048-0-22061000-1387806794_thumb.j

It is looking like a nice little skyline, it is a great starting point for the city to grow off of.

I will say this, I remember back in the day when the Columbus tower use to look so tall in Pembroke among the little mini forest that surrounded it.  Now it looks like a tiny little building in that new skyline.

I like the new building, a few more of those would add some good beef to the skyline and probably urban density of Pembroke.

I was at Mt. Trashmore today and took these.

*how did these get turned upside down?*

....stand by...

Can an admin turn these? They attach to my post correctly, but get uploaded upside down.

Did you take these pics on a mobile device? It may have something to do with settings on your phone.

From admin:

I typically see this when photos are taken on a mobile device and the user takes a landscape oriented photo when the mobile device takes it in portrait mode instead.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a much bigger building than I was expecting it to be.  It looks pretty good.  I am sure it is starting to feel like a real urban area down there.  Definitely a great start, the big moment will be if this urban area expands outside of the original boundaries of the town center.

... the big moment will be if this urban area expands outside of the original boundaries of the town center.

I was thinking the same thing. If I'm correct we have the paved block/lot near the Westin and the old Virginia Pilot lot to have the center completely built out. Of course there's always the Taco Bell on the corner if the 'price is right'. That may be a while though.

I think they just rebuilt that Taco Bell within the last 5 or so years, so I'm not so sure. That being said, I'd love to see a fast food spot on the ground floor of the next tower they build...

Then again, the Barnes and Noble at Coliseum Mall lasted about the same amount of time before they tore it (and the mall) down, then built a new B&N in the current Hampton TC. :-P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived