Block 11 Tower Progress

urbanvb

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Yall this is my first post...Attached are pictures from a AIA hard hat  tour that I attened this past Monday the 7th. Also are attached are photos from my office of the tower itsef and the new walmart. Our office is on the 12th floor of the Armada Hoffler. My company actully acquired CMSS that did the original design of Block 11 and town center itself.... H&A  Architects and Engineers.

(New Walmart)

(Block 11)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

good to see the retail growing, my only serious complaint is the need for stop lights at each intersection due to the large number of people driving into this little downtown looking for parking.  I felt like there were too many chances to get run over by people unaware they needed to stop for pedestrians.

Looks like Phase IV is on hold and will start construction after phase V! Retailers are screaming to move into Town Center! Talks of a Upscale Cinema/bistro bowling centre/apartment tower planned for block 9! And the gateway bank tower has also been redesigned for block 2

Looks like Phase IV is on hold and will start construction after phase V! Retailers are screaming to move into Town Center! Talks of a Upscale Cinema/bistro bowling centre/apartment tower planned for block 9! And the gateway bank tower has also been redesigned for block 2

source?

• 1 month later...

As some offices are now occupied, you can go in the new parking garage. It looks pretty nice, with entrances to the tower offices in the middle, the apartments, and the main street elevator. The part that really got me was you can see into two of the apartment courtyards. They do look nice, if a little small.

• 1 month later...

I'm torn. These are great photos but what u did is very dangerous. I know this is a popular thing with kids nowadays but you guys are going to get yourselves hurt. Please be careful out there. A picture is not worth the lifetime of pain you will cause your friends and family if something goes wrong. I will leave this up for now but understand that I do not condone this and any future posts in this manner will be deleted. ****This comment is in reference to a post that after further thought I have decided to delete. Please do not take photos that put yourself or others in danger and post them on this site. Scaling buildings is not only dangerous, but likely illegal.***

Archived