SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

Pretty rendering! I will be so happy when they just get this thing overwith. I hate the way it looks right now!!! I mean seriously, it looked better as molding EFIS. It shouldn't take 6 months to take that off. I feel like going up with a sledge hammer and doing it myself. Instead, it looks like they decided to patch up the spots that are missing with plastic and wait for a few months. Sigh... Come on people, get on with it!!

But I really have always liked this project, and I am sure Verna is a smart guy and knows what he is doing... So for now I guess I will just look the other way and hope for the best.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Hence my comment on UNCC dorms. (which are slated for eventual demolition)

Look familiar?

Moore.jpg

Take this building. Put a parking deck under it and glue on that thing on the roof and you have an instant Park Building. I agree this could be the effects of the rendering but this sure doesn't seem like much given the amount of time that has passed since this project was announced.

Umm... this is the silliest comparison ever. The only similarity is that they have walls and windows. Not one aspect of this building hints to anything that looks that bad. If you look at the new rendering and the shadowing, you can clearly see 2 rows of windows that break this building up from being a boring, flat facade. A side angle would have shown this better, but that isn't what they wanted pictured obviously. Which only makes me wonder what the sides/back will look like.

So this makes you the forum god.. great to hear that.. You are to judge others.. Judge yourself first. Forums are what they are and so is honesty. If you took time to read the post, it was favorable for the positive and the negative. It was balanced and not judgemental on anyone person. It is freedom of speech.. But when you read some postings, you wonder what they are thinking and the postings turn into attacks.. Just trying to balance the forums.. So you as one person are not in a position to decide if any one posting is a waste of the forums time. Dont take it personal... And if you do.. so what.. freedom of speech.. have a wonderful day.. UBYOYOMAN

Oh stop with the freedom of speech excuse as it doesn't apply here, though we often hear it from people who like to break the rules. The US Constitution does not dictate what you can and can't post here our rules do and I suggest that you read them. This includes criticising others for their opinion and calling people names such as "forum god".

A legimitate business person, I would think, would be very interested in all criticism of a project before significant money is spent building said project. If you choose to ignore that criticism and attack people on this forum for offering their opinion then I suggest you go away as your are wasting everyones time including mine as I have to deal with the complaints about you. (which I have had before)

If you want to have a constructive dialogue that might give you some enlightment from very interested and knowledgeable people you are welcome to do so, but if you make another crack against someone because they offered up their honest opinion when asked, then you can't post here any further. I hope that is clear enough for you.

Anyways, back on topic, I have doubted this project all along. But now, with this new rendering, it's really starting to grow on me. And the fact that it adds more density doesn't hurt either. I really hope Verna pulls this one off.

There is something about a realistic CAD rendering that screams that the project is happening. I don't know why that is. But while it is still a crayon drawing, it just seems like a pipe dream.

I sure hope it happens, but mostly just because Verna is the underdog at this point.

Umm... this is the silliest comparison ever. The only similarity is that they have walls and windows. Not one aspect of this building hints to anything that looks that bad. If you look at the new rendering and the shadowing, you can clearly see 2 rows of windows that break this building up from being a boring, flat facade. A side angle would have shown this better, but that isn't what they wanted pictured obviously. Which only makes me wonder what the sides/back will look like.

I second that.

Oh stop with the freedom of speech excuse as it doesn't apply here, though we often hear it from people who like to break the rules. The US Constitution does not dictate what you can and can't post here our rules do and I suggest that you read them. This includes criticising others for their opinion and calling people names such as "forum god".

A legimitate business person, I would think, would be very interested in all criticism of a project before significant money is spent building said project. If you choose to ignore that criticism and attack people on this forum for offering their opinion then I suggest you go away as your are wasting everyones time including mine as I have to deal with the complaints about you. (which I have had before)

If you want to have a constructive dialogue that might give you some enlightment from very interested and knowledgeable people you are welcome to do so, but if you make another crack against someone because they offered up their honest opinion when asked, then you can't post here any further. I hope that is clear enough for you.

I thank you for the warning.. However, again, I mean no disrespect to anyone and no personal attacks are ever intended on anyone. Again, just offering a balance of positive with all the negative on this forum. I have recd contact from others on this forum and they see all the negative postings and personal attacks and welcome postive, yet constructive reponses, as well as additional information on the project and Charlotte as a whole. If I have offended anyone, for this I appologize. If anyone has not been pleased with my direct rebuttels, then have them contact me and I will appologize directly to them, as well as try to clarify my position in a positive manner.

However, as the Forum Moderator, if I break the rules, then I take the punishment, but I have read every posting on this site and some others, I am am very pleasent in my posting compared to some that post in this site, so let me know if I overstep my postings, more than others in thie forum. If I break the rules, again, let me know, but be fair across the board with all members. I again thank you in advance.

The following may constitute a warning, suspension and finally banning which will be decided by the moderator for that forum(s):

Spamming

Foul mouth (though we have taken precautions against certain uses of words)

Flooding

Posting of material that would be deemed inappropriate for all ages.

Signatures that are excessive and/or annoying. (see guidelines below)

Shouting (i.e. posting in all capital letters).

Do Not Post News Clippings on this site (see below).

If I break the rules, again, let me know, .....

I just did that above. If you want to reference the rules there is a link at the top of the page. There is more to it than the few lines you posted. Most of the 8000+ members here never have any trouble with them.

Since you have decided to speak for the developer of The Park on this forum and defend his actions, are you doing so in an official capacity as a representative of the place?

I just did that above. If you want to reference the rules there is a link at the top of the page. There is more to it than the few lines you posted. Most of the 8000+ members here never have any trouble with them.

Since you have decided to speak for the developer of The Park on this forum and defend his actions, are you doing so in an official capacity as a representative of the place?

Metro.m are you insulting a member? You should warn yourself. j/k. :D

Metro.m are you insulting a member? You should warn yourself. j/k. :D

Anyone here, who doesn't like how I handle things, can always take it up with the site's owner Neo. We try to keep this a place where everyone, who will follow our rules, can make a post and not be given a hard time for it. This means that I have to be rough at times because if I am not, then people breaking our rules will simply ignore what I have to say. This is not the first time I have had to deal with this in this thread as the deleted posts in our trash indicate, and that is why I had to be very public about stopping it. My other option is a suspension or ban which is something I don't like to do.

BTW, a lot of what we do happens behind the scenes as to not disrupt threads as this one has been disrupted. I will note this thread has existed for several years without incident until a certain individual showed up.

We started this site because Charlotte routinely gets pi**ed on on other websites and we wanted a place where controversial conversations could take place about the city without having the deal with the troublemakers that come out of the woodwork to cause problems. It would seem it was such a good idea that we have spread to other cities all over the country. So yes I am strict with the rules to keep it that way, and the rest of the staff here also has the same responsibility to keep the conversations where they need to be. I thank Dubone greatly for helping with in his role as moderator of the Charlotte forum.

We must be doing something right as the Charlotte forum gets tens of thousands of views each month, and the numbers continue to rise.

^....ad in today's "O" tells us that 80% of the Park is sold ......

This was posted on UrbanPlanet 1 year and 1 month ago. If you believe, at least the statistics they posted then, then in 1 year and 1 month they have only managed to up the units sales from 72% sold to 80% sold. :shok:

My rusty math says that is just 7 units in 1 year and 1 month. Not exactly a gold rush (pun intended) if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Here's some more news for you guys from The Park's website...

Project Update

Phase One (77 Condo Units) Sold Out In Record Time

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin April 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Release April 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor July 2005

I don't know of this has been said yet but the ad in today's "O" tells us that 80% of the Park is sold and there is an official ground breaking party May 11th.

That is the groundbreaking on there website. I didn't think they really meant for starting on the building. I figured it was ground breaking for a bathroom in the parking deck or something. Well that's good news. I hope it actually holds up.

This was posted on UrbanPlanet 1 year and 1 month ago. If you believe, at least the statistics they posted then, then in 1 year and 1 month they have only managed to up the units sales from 72% sold to 80% sold. :shok:

My rusty math says that is just 7 units in 1 year and 1 month. Not exactly a gold rush (pun intended) if you ask me. :rolleyes:

That's because over the last year people started getting the feeling this wasn't going to happen until just this week when they finally announced it. I'm sure speculation and variety in the market made people look elsewhere.

If they maintain this record breaking sales pace (using their words) they will have the building sold out somewhere close to Labor Day of 2009. What year was this project originally announced again? :lol:

Archived