Statesboro Development News

andremurra

Yeah I was looking at their website the other day and was wondering what the crap was Tower Place Shopping Center. You say its going to be at Brampton and the Bypass? Oh... is that the upscale development that was going to have an upscale restuarant as the anchor before the restaurant officials stated that Statesboro is two years behind where they were expecting? Or is this a completely new development for that same plot. Anyway, I am impressed with Tower Place, it looks really exciting for Statesboro - but also by the way it looks, you would think there would be really nice stores inside, I mean, not like a foot store and offices and jewelers, stuff we dont really need, but retail shopping stores. I hope we land some good retail stores in Tower Place.

My source was telling me about where future malls are being planned for Statesboro's future... and he/she was talking about actual malls, but shopping centers. I asked him/her, "dont you mean a mall?" but he/she replied, "no, I mean malls. He/she said that he/she thinks that Statesboro will become Jacksonville FL eventually. I said I didnt believe it, but he/she said he/she was sure of it. Who knows. I can only hope I am around when that happens.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car Dealerships -

I've thought about this before, but I was wondering what everybody else thought about it. Do you think that our proximity to Savannah will hinder us from getting other car dealerships?

I'm surprised that we don't have a Honda or Mazda dealership, and it really wouldn't surprise me if we got an Acura one. I see ton's of them in town.

I know we used to have a Volkswagen dealership years ago - where the Chrysler one is now.

Yeah I was begging my source to tell me whether or not Simon was inquiring, but he refused to tell me. The stores I want, we will never get, unless we do get as big as Jacksonville AND have primarily wealthy residents. I went to Sunglasses on Main today (although they are closed on Sundays - bad move...lol) and they had some awesome Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses, and the prices looked pretty cheap for D&G. I think Simon would have a great opportunity because Hull-Storey is obviously NOT a threat. But for some reason, I have this incling that Hull-Storey is planning some kind of expansion.

Isnt Belk planning to expand? And the City Council already told Hull-Storey that no more parking spaces can be taken until a parking study/plan is done for the Statesboro Mall. Theres no more land so a parking deck is the obvious solution. So if the parking lot is going up, I think the Mall should follow suit. Still, I would prefer a medium Simon to a larger Hull-Storey, because looking at Hull-Storey's profile, Small's are their forte.

I hope the Tower Place isnt holding off for the bypass because we all know that is going to be another Fair Road project.

In the Soundoff today,

To you who been wanting a Publix grocery store here in Statesboro for some time now. And I think that...your dream may come true. I think that they gonna put one up there between Irongate and the Country Club. What a day that would be.

Construction continues at Chops and Hugo's.

Bruster's Ice Cream's building is up.

Lots of things going on in the County. The county zoning department posts .pdf files of the cases. Shows request, staff reports, and maps. Lots of requests for property along Burkhalter and Langston Chapel. Also a large subdivision north of the airport. I dont remember if the commissioners approved these or have even heard them yet.

I just looked at where you're saying this would be located.

First, location wise, it would not make alot of sense to me.

Second, the all the property out there is zoned residential.

Which means if there is one coming they will have to go before the County for a rezoning. I browsed the County's list of items over the past year and there isn't any requests from rezoning to commercial in that area.

So I'm definitely thinking rumor. I suppose it's possible that we could see a rezoning request in the next few months or something, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I just looked at where you're saying this would be located.

First, location wise, it would not make alot of sense to me.

Second, the all the property out there is zoned residential.

Which means if there is one coming they will have to go before the County for a rezoning. I browsed the County's list of items over the past year and there isn't any requests from rezoning to commercial in that area.

So I'm definitely thinking rumor. I suppose it's possible that we could see a rezoning request in the next few months or something, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Construction continues at Chops and Hugo's.

Bruster's Ice Cream's building is up.

Lots of things going on in the County. The county zoning department posts .pdf files of the cases. Shows request, staff reports, and maps. Lots of requests for property along Burkhalter and Langston Chapel. Also a large subdivision north of the airport. I dont remember if the commissioners approved these or have even heard them yet.

I'm ready for Chops, well been ready.

And where is this Hugo's? Downtown too?

The last time I went by Bruster's they hadn't done anything to it for a few weeks. But that was a week or two ago. I rarely go Lovett Road, pretty much because it's too small to me.

Edited by nova72asu

I can't believe the development on Langston Chapel.

It's been less than a month since I went through there, and I saw where they paved for the new subdivision, got new condos (or something) for the college kids, and a sign up for a small subdivision at the ex-pink house.

Pretty fast meaning... in a day. I drove by there on my way to Kyoto's and the building was sitting on the plat in two pieces like the two sides of a double-wide trailer. All the appliances, sinks, cabinets, and even some tools were just sitting in the building halves. I suppose they pushed the two lego pieces together later that day. I think its a little tacky, but I guess I only say that because I saw that the building is made up of two premanufactured pieces. =) Also, does anyone know what Hugo's is? What type of food, will they serve alcohol?

Edited by andremurra

So, I went to the "chat" and even asked a question. Heres a rundown:

- Groundbreaking for the Holiday Inn should be anyday now..

- We should also have an "official announcement" about the 67/Bypass hotel soon

- After a few people tried to get a Hooters, and again, we got the infamous "Not Now." responce. That may be changing though, so who knows..

I asked about the multiple Walmart rumors and Brannen Crossing:

- Not so sure about another Walmart, but the Sam's Club rumor still exists..(Which I believe we'd get another Walmart before a Sam's Club, but who knows..)

- Development of Brannen Crossing could be happening now, as a "large developer" (I don't know exactly how large) is putting stuff together to develop it. Once again, we could be hearing something about it anytime now. Note: the word COULD was used a few times..

- There's a grocery store supposedly very interested in coming to town (I'm hoping for a Publix).

..That's pretty much it. There was a few other questions I wanted to ask, but maybe I'll try next week.

So, I went to the "chat" and even asked a question. Heres a rundown:

- Groundbreaking for the Holiday Inn should be anyday now..

- We should also have an "official announcement" about the 67/Bypass hotel soon

- After a few people tried to get a Hooters, and again, we got the infamous "Not Now." responce. That may be changing though, so who knows..

I asked about the multiple Walmart rumors and Brannen Crossing:

- Not so sure about another Walmart, but the Sam's Club rumor still exists..(Which I believe we'd get another Walmart before a Sam's Club, but who knows..)

- Development of Brannen Crossing could be happening now, as a "large developer" (I don't know exactly how large) is putting stuff together to develop it. Once again, we could be hearing something about it anytime now. Note: the word COULD was used a few times..

- There's a grocery store supposedly very interested in coming to town (I'm hoping for a Publix).

..That's pretty much it. There was a few other questions I wanted to ask, but maybe I'll try next week.