>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another Public Works Item from the 1/29/08 6:00 PM meeting:

Petition from Richard J. Conti, Atwells Revival A, LLC, 296 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917, requesting the abandonment of Messenger Street from Atwells Avenue to its intersection with Spruce Street.

Petition from Richard J. Conti, Atwells Revival A, LLC, 296 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917, requesting the abandonment of Cheeves Place from Atwells Avenue.

These are old items as well. Why are trying to abandon these streets?

Count yor blessings, people -- it could have been a Waffle House. Or a Denny's. Moons Over My Hammy, indeed.

I, for one, am happy about the return of the IHOP. It recalls those innocent days at the original blue slanty-roof IHOP on Thayer Street, where the City Sports/Kinko's is now. Remember that? Don't remember, however, the name of the bar that went in the IHOP space after it closed.

Count yor blessings, people -- it could have been a Waffle House. Or a Denny's. Moons Over My Hammy, indeed.

I, for one, am happy about the return of the IHOP. It recalls those innocent days at the original blue slanty-roof IHOP on Thayer Street, where the City Sports/Kinko's is now. Remember that? Don't remember, however, the name of the bar that went in the IHOP space after it closed.

My clesrest memory of IHOP comes from hanging out there some time aound midnight once back in high school. I asked how big a serving of pudding was. The waitron answered, "We open two of those single-serving pudding cups and put them in a dish." A restaurant is supposed to at least PRETEND they prepare the "food" being served, right?

Out of all the glorious things going on in PVD specifically the area surrounding Valley, O'ville, Smith Hill and Fed Hill.. This IHOP is the most important and needed development to my neighbors and tenants.. Actually, its the only thing anyone has mentioned.. EVER.. Put that in your pipe...

Hey, so the State Film Commission is proposing renting the Armory out to a movie production again, which might mean moving the Fire Marshall out. They are asking for $20,000 rent for the building from Feb-June. I guess they are deciding in the next week if the building is going to stay as state offices or be used for film production.

Thoughts?

Archived