SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

I'm sure they could handle building multiple locations in parallel.  There are different developer partnerships in each city, obviously different builder contractors, and the fact that this is a clone replication, it simplifies management and oversight.   But I could see using the same development team to get it started, so hopefully some after some time passing, any expansion or related development next door will be settled and they can go ahead and start again.

The developer has barely just started work on Skyhouse Raleigh. The construction fence and webcam both just went up last week. Yesterday is the first day that I can recall seeing heavy equipment on the site.

The apparently abandoned foundation you mention is actually for Charter Square.

They seem to be starting about one every two to six months. There are three not yet started: Charlotte, Tampa, and a third one in Atlanta (Buckhead.)

Would have sworn that "Skyhouse" was plastered via signs on the fencing when I was there back in February.  My mistake.

Ha, 2 guys with shovels to build a high rise?  Who is the developer again, Pete Verna?   <_<

Hoping that it is soil checking or some other investigation as part of the rumored expansion, but regardless it is a good news if it is progress that leads to a real and legal groundbreaking.

Ha, 2 guys with shovels to build a high rise?  Who is the developer again, Pete Verna?   <_<

Hoping that it is soil checking or some other investigation as part of the rumored expansion, but regardless it is a good news if it is progress that leads to a real and legal groundbreaking.

Key word being "legal".... Hate to see this project put on the breaks again all because the developer was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this just include the store in SouthEnd currently under construction and the Bi-Lo stores that Publix purchased?

Yeah, these are just the formally announced stores, not ones in the works, so if there was something happening at the Skyhouse site, it would still be months before showing up on that map. 

Yeah, these are just the formally announced stores, not ones in the works, so if there was something happening at the Skyhouse site, it would still be months before showing up on that map. 

Exactly what I was going to say.

Charlotte must be busting at the seams with all these unannounced projects about to be announced.

It seems like it will rival if not surpass the change of the last wave (Wachovia power tower, Epicenter, light rail, BOA, Ritz, Trademark, Vue, Avenue, Catalyst, Courtside etc. VS. BBT stadium, Romare Bearden, Childress, Crescent, Skyhouse, Iveys Retail, former days inn, Portman tower, Embassy Suites, BBT towers, etc)

Grubb is the primary developer, so it would be shorthand rather than sloppy reporting.    However, with reports of Novare possibly stepping out of this, maybe there is a shift as this project grows.   I really hope they don't bite off more than they can chew, but as the failure of Delta's shows, North Tryon is really not being successful without new growth.  It is really suffering from the homeless services and Levine lots.   This is the next best hope for turning the momentum.

• 1 month later...

It is held in trust at BofA, so I would be surprised if that just wasn't a bureaucratic mistake rather than a true falling into foreclosure.  But perhaps if they are going to sell, the trust is being cheap and letting squirrely things like this happen, knowing it won't affect them in the long run.  OR maybe they're just letting the taxes get paid as part of the sales transaction rather than in a standard payment.

I am just praying to the FSM that this thing gets torn down and becomes part of a larger Grubb project.