Who do we like for Governor?

GaryP

Who do we like for Governor II?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we like for Governor II?

• Jennifer Granholm
    • Dick DeVos
    • Other

Maybe you're unaware of the Dick and Betsy DeVos foundation? I beleive you'll find some "really great things for people."

True, he could just take the money being spent on his campaign and feed the poor with it. This one time handout doesn't fix the problem. He believes, as do those of us who will vote for him, that spending the money in order to be elected will now put him in place to really help others. Granted, you may not agree with his ideas but to accuse him of not really caring about others because he's spending money on a campaign rather than giving it away doesn't seem very logical.

I think its just another example of a Liberal thinking they know how to spend peoples money better than the people who actually posses the money.

I think I just noticed that the most avid Granholm followers here are also the most active posters in the "Single in 616" topic.

Correlation? :whistling:

:rofl::rofl:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its just another example of a Liberal thinking they know how to spend peoples money better than the people who actually posses the money.

:rofl::rofl:

Yah I would agree, if Liberals didn't do the spending, who would? Conservatives wouldn't spend a dime. Then of course money wouldn't change hands and things wouldn't move forward in the Global Economy. :rolleyes:

If only this poll were representative of the western Michigan population covered by this forum...

I know you were just joking, but if this poll was truly representative of Western Michigan, DeVos would get crushed in the election. He needs to win W.Mich SOUNDLY to have any chance.

Amway's latest PR ad is interesting.. featuring Amway workers defending the company, mostly against the outsourcing jobs to China perception, ending one of the workers saying "You got a problem with that?"

My problem with Amway is not the investment in China, but has always been the MLM business model.

This is more of a question than post -

Does the Governor have any judicial powers to step in and put an end to the debacle of the Detroit Public School strike? I looked at the Detroit forum and -> nothing that I could find. It would seem to me that it could become a huge win for her if she were able to do something about it. Just curious if the law permitted any action?

This is more of a question than post -

Does the Governor have any judicial powers to step in and put an end to the debacle of the Detroit Public School strike? I looked at the Detroit forum and -> nothing that I could find. It would seem to me that it could become a huge win for her if she were able to do something about it. Just curious if the law permitted any action?

From the Freep:

"The pickets are a violation of Circuit Court Judge Susan Borman

It's interesting to see how new "underground media sources" like blogs, message boards and everyone's favorite, YouTube, have tried to play their part in this race.

After reading GRBJ's Street Talk today I checked out some of the parodies on YouTube, here's a few of the more amusing ones (depending on where your loyalties are I suppose).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGWgXnA-4Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMjHgVUm_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onXAfPx36l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0RikZ5AeeY

Has anyone seen any new polls recently?

Just a couple of polls in first week of September. One has Devos 48%/Granholm 46%. The other has Granholm 46%/Devos 44%

I think it's going to go back and forth until the debates.

Personally, I think the latest ad about China was needed, because it changes the question a bit. The first accusation was the idea that Michigan jobs were outsourced to China. The Devos response, which I thought was pretty good, refuted the direct link between the job cuts in Michigan and the creation of new jobs in China. Their ad said that the products made in their China location are only sold in China and that products made in Michigan could not be sold in China due to their laws.

Another ad from the Devos campaign (or perhaps the same as the previous response I mentioned) makes the claim that Devos actually saved 4000 Michigan jobs by investing in China. I think that claim is a harder sell.

The next ad from Granholm basically said that Devos admitted that he cut jobs in Michigan, countering the idea that Devos saved jobs. That's OK, but hardly a strong ad. The most recent one, the suggesting that he run for governor in China, basically argues that all the jobs he's creating in China could have been Michigan jobs created if the $200 million went to Michigan instead of China. I'm not sure if there's a campaign ad that can provide a satisfactory answer.

Just a couple of polls in first week of September. One has Devos 48%/Granholm 46%. The other has Granholm 46%/Devos 44%

I think it's going to go back and forth until the debates.

Personally, I think the latest ad about China was needed, because it changes the question a bit. The first accusation was the idea that Michigan jobs were outsourced to China. The Devos response, which I thought was pretty good, refuted the direct link between the job cuts in Michigan and the creation of new jobs in China. Their ad said that the products made in their China location are only sold in China and that products made in Michigan could not be sold in China due to their laws.

Another ad from the Devos campaign (or perhaps the same as the previous response I mentioned) makes the claim that Devos actually saved 4000 Michigan jobs by investing in China. I think that claim is a harder sell.

The next ad from Granholm basically said that Devos admitted that he cut jobs in Michigan, countering the idea that Devos saved jobs. That's OK, but hardly a strong ad. The most recent one, the suggesting that he run for governor in China, basically argues that all the jobs he's creating in China could have been Michigan jobs created if the $200 million went to Michigan instead of China. I'm not sure if there's a campaign ad that can provide a satisfactory answer.

All this back and forth on China is exactly why I think Granholm is out of ideas, and why I've settled on Devos. I was undecided until this week. It's been months and months since I've heard anything positive about Granholm, and that disconnect will start to settle in with voters, IMO.

All this back and forth on China is exactly why I think Granholm is out of ideas, and why I've settled on Devos. I was undecided until this week. It's been months and months since I've heard anything positive about Granholm, and that disconnect will start to settle in with voters, IMO.

Well I guess I'd be surprised if more undecided voters are going to decide this early before the elections. To me, these purpose of these campaign ads are to start asking the questions and raising the issues for the debates in October to answer (hopefully).

Archived