Norfolk International Airport

willy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ll just leave this here. Not sure how accurate it is, but it looks legit. Good things could be afoot for ORF with regard to Breeze Airways:

https://www.airlinepilotcareers.com/breeze-airways?fbclid=IwAR3Rb-ipV1MHAjilDcVdY4nHWc4g2D5n6JvGrTpNB4U6I_7pErAOsxn6vuY

Could be an announcement tomorrow. Be on the lookout just in case. 

Seen on Wikipedia:

Breeze plans to offer point-to-point service between secondary airports. Breeze will announce 49 routes to 15 destinations on Friday, May 21, 2021, at 8am EST. Routes will begin to Southeast and Northeast United States initially.[15]

Right now, it's here, New Orleans, Charleston, and Tampa. Not a bad starting list! I love Tampa and have been wanting to go to New Orleans...I'd definitely consider flying with them.

Article from the Pilot about it includes dates for route launches out of Norfolk. As well as some other additional information. I'm so excited to fly home one day on Breeze. Hopefully they keep expanding at ORF. 

https://www.pilotonline.com/business/vp-bz-norfolk-flights-20210521-5a5jofhcwvfzdjlvnhdr4bsqu4-story.html

• Like 1

It really is fantastic news for ORF & Hampton Roads in general. I expect great things from Breeze and the competition will definitely heat up.

Becoming one of the bases for the airline is huge coup and almost assuredly guarantees further growth and route expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just got back from Miami and I'll tell you it is busy, busy, busy, everywhere... including Norfolk. Will not be surprised to see that our passenger numbers are back where they were prepandemic. Haven't seen it that crowded in quite some time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I drove to ORF last night and even at 10:30 pm the short-term departures parking lot looked filled to capacity, and the line for arrivals stretched all the way around the curve near the parking garage. 

I’m sure the departures lot was because of the long-term lot closing, but the arrivals side may be a good sign. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...