Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that was a big deal at the time (then-Mayor Bredesen was trying to land it for downtown)... BUT... I never knew there was a rendering for it (and neither the Tennessean nor the Nashville Business Journal featured any, to my recollection). I never thought it got past the proposal stage. Thanks for finding that, I always wondered what it was going to look like !

Yes... I was working at Columbia-HCA (as it was known then) when they killed this project. It was at the height of the HillaryCare debates, and it suddenly became very unpopular for healthcare organizations (least of all, hospital companies... gasp!) to make a profit. So corporate healthcare companies pulled back on both office development and advertising. Do you remember that HCA hospitals were rebadged as TriStar? That was the beginning of a trend that still exists, as healthcare companies are now very happy to stay in the background, with not showy buildings (on the outside anyway) and splashy advertising. Ironically, it was the beginning of the big building boom in the hospitals themselves. As that facebook link demonstrates, nowadays they are not seeking high profile buildings... that's frowned upon. LOL

Edited by MLBrumby

Why football players shouldn't build buildings.

Udtok.jpg

Elliston 23 (north face)

DQtaz.jpg?1

yiCgW.jpg

km9Gx.jpg

Elliston 23 (south face + parking structure)

irdR6.jpg

3fLy7.jpg

FYE/Tower Complex gone...

tbmqN.jpg

Core Development behind Scarritt Bennett

5Luvo.jpg?1

IttNu.jpg?1

FtBOw.jpg

Hilton Home2 Suites + Garden Inn + Bristol on Broadway...

AcfT6.jpg

JUST BREAK GROUND ALREADY!!!

UJNXQ.jpg

Wow!!! Fantastic tour dmills...I think Germantown East and 11North are some of my favorite projects to hit this city in quite sometime. They're overall footprint and the impact they have on creating a true urban streetscape simply cannot be understated. Although, not to be negative, but I can't look at some of these shots, without wanting to scream: "PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, BURY THE POWER LINES ALREADY!" :sick:;)

particularly this one:

66wvi.jpg

Edited by BnaBreaker