Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

This is similar to my experience coming back from London, although demand is important for landing (no pun intended) more intl flights, adequate gates and customs facilities are also important, none of which BNA has right now although it seems it will in the future. I dont know how packed your flight was but when I arrived during the summer there wasnt more than 3 seats empty on the plane, which led to a chaotic and crowded customs facility on arrival.

• Thanks 1

Lastly, the pit was not excavated and actually had a small stream running through the middle of it. That was the original terrain. There was $$, $$$, $$$ reasons why it was never filled in, until now when it has become needed

Avatar Airlines is a new ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier) that will fly an all 747 fleet with tickets as low as (example) $79 that will only fly long routes (example, LA to New York). It is worth noting that Nashville could easily support a couple of flights of this type, especially to LA. This type of potential near future needs is accommodated in the master plan. There are currently 3-4 gates capable of holding a 747. There are currently no plans for Avatar in Nashville, at this time

• Like 2

Cape Air announced Wednesday in a news release that flights from Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois in Marion to Nashville International Airport in Nashville, Tennessee, will begin Jan 29

There will be 2 daily weekday flights and 1 daily weekend flight on Saturday and Sunday. Fares begin at $69 and are bookable now

This is significant because Marion voted for Nashville service over Chicago! Marion will still have 4 daily flights to St. Louis, also 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 8:02 PM, UTgrad09 said:

If November and December grow by the same rate as October, then the projected 2019 total would be 18.34 million total passengers. 

In fact, only a 1.2% growth is needed for Nov/Dec to hit 18 million for calendar year 2019

Also, only 9.2% growth will be needed for BNA to top 20 million in calendar year 2020

Concourse D looks to be coming online in the 2nd week of July 2020

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed Concourse D on the drive after arriving. The thing that stands out to me is how nice D looks compared to the other concourses. I am sure the rest will get an update but D looks like it be a pleasure to use while the rest are just so-so. I fly a lot for work so I'm in and out of BNA a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memphian said:

I have noticed Concourse D on the drive after arriving. The thing that stands out to me is how nice D looks compared to the other concourses. I am sure the rest will get an update but D looks like it be a pleasure to use while the rest are just so-so. I fly a lot for work so I'm in and out of BNA a lot.

When Concourse A is rebuilt, it will be a little bit nicer than D, from what I can tell. The only update for B and C is replacement of the carpet with tile and possibly an update to restrooms. Nothing else. Even the widening of B is no longer included in any current plans

• 2 weeks later...