PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

when you have a Caserta's craving, anything that delays the pizza goodness is irritating! A block or 2 is fine, but I have small children, and have never been able to even get THAT close.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when you have a Caserta's craving, anything that delays the pizza goodness is irritating! A block or 2 is fine, but I have small children, and have never been able to even get THAT close. I have no problem walking - I am an urban man trapped in a suburban family, what else can I tell ya...

Everything about VdT seems wrong. People smelled a rat in the case of Belmonte Castello, but with the exception of its incredible shrinking unit sizes, the Castle was a heckuva lot more believable (as a project) than this beast -- about 20 stories and maybe $50m more believable. And the Castle didn't require the abandonment of any useful city streets, as this project does.

then drive around for an hour waiting for a space. federal hill does not need more parking. there's plenty of it to go around. i have never had a problem finding a space on spruce or federal streets (before i moved to the hill). make the kids walk, it's good for them.

i sent a letter to lombardi and a letter to the mayor regarding this. i didn't send them as a member of any group, i sent them as a resident of federal hill and someone who lives no more than 2 blocks from the site of this project. hopefully the mayor will get and read his before the council meeting on thursday. i dropped it in the mailbox this afternoon. lombardi should've gotten his last week.

Recapping the preceding sequence of events, on June 19th, City Plan Commission reviewed a request, referred to it by Providence City Council, to abandon a portion of Bradford Street. The developer of a 180 unit residential high-rise, which includes a 275 space parking garage, claims that this street abandonment is necessary to accommodate the proposed site plan. The City Plan Commission voted to continue the request, meaning their review has not been completed. Later that evening, the Public Works Committee of Providence City Council voted to approve the abandonment. Greater City: Providence opposes the abandonment of Bradford Street (see Don

At first I didn't understand the complaints about this project, but after spending a week up in Canada (Edmonton), I know what you all mean. That city has a few apartment buildings like this - set back from the street with grass around it - completely screwed up the way the street worked. Nice addition to the skyline, but that was it. The apartment buildings that were built to the street and even had a shop or even a tiny cafe on the ground floor worked nicely.

so i guess that's how camilles is involved..

the thing that really gets me mad is that they want the abandonment now but don't expect to break ground for almost 2 years. sounds like they want the abandonment to put in a contiguous parking lot...

Archived