PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five things this could be other than the city's ugliest tower with a private park, once whomever is behind this gets the abandonment:

1. A drive thru dunkin donuts with a big surface parking lot

2. a drive thru CVS with a big surface parking lot

3. a drive thru Brooks with a big surface parking lot

4. a big surface parking lot for valet parked cars

5. An office building or hotel with a big surface parking lot.

Five things this could be other than the city's ugliest tower with a private park, once whomever is behind this gets the abandonment:

1. A drive thru dunkin donuts with a big surface parking lot

2. a drive thru CVS with a big surface parking lot

3. a drive thru Brooks with a big surface parking lot

4. a big surface parking lot for valet parked cars

5. An office building or hotel with a big surface parking lot.

Parking. Of course.

What the hell ever happened to highest and best use?

But you know what, I agree with you. And maybe it's just because I'm already having an epically bad week, but all of a sudden I'm depressed.

God bless the eternally fudgeing corrupt state of Rhode Island, and may God forever preserve & defend our right to popularly-elected graft that maintainss the few fat and keeps the rest poor.

Rightly so. Doomed & damned by our own stupidity.

My head hurts. :yahoo:

Maybe I'm missing something, but other than speculation is there anything that indicates that the developer plans to do anything other than build the project as proposed? For that matter, why would putting surface parking on the existing parcels require the abandonment of any streets?

So I'm checking out the site plan Link to Page 6 (BTW - thanks for taking those shots Cotuit!) and notice that the two-way street behind Camille's that will connect Newton and Bradford Streets has no name. This is probably because that "street" is currently a parking lot for the restaurants.

A few questions about the connector street:

• Are the parking lot owners planning on abandoning a portion of their property so this street can be built?

• If so, when does this happen?

• Who pays for the construction of this new street?

• Would this new street be a public right-of-way or private?

there's at least 3 vacant parking lots on federal st easily accessible from atwells via the current bradford street. maybe, if the restaurants want these for valet, they should just make offers to buy the land. at least a parking lot that's actually used is a slight step above an unused parking lot.

:rofl:

The lots on Federal Street don't usually totally fill up. There's one next to my house that never completely fills up and some nights is pretty much empty.

Its kind of like the Christmas Eve idea of parking that WalMart has.

Since you conspiracy theorists have me thinking, how do you like this one? Developer proposes expensive pie-in-the-sky condo project, gets approvals with the help of friends in high places, twiddles thumbs for a while, cries poor in a soft condo market, and substitutes a hotel proposal in place of his condos, which the city approves & accepts because it needs for something to be built on that lot to justify the abandonment of Bradford Street.

Since you conspiracy theorists have me thinking, how do you like this one? Developer proposes expensive pie-in-the-sky condo project, gets approvals with the help of friends in high places, twiddles thumbs for a while, cries poor in a soft condo market, and substitutes a hotel proposal in place of his condos, which the city approves & accepts because it needs for something to be built on that lot to justify the abandonment of Bradford Street.

when you have a Caserta's craving, anything that delays the pizza goodness is irritating! A block or 2 is fine, but I have small children, and have never been able to even get THAT close. I have no problem walking - I am an urban man trapped in a suburban family, what else can I tell ya...

Archived