210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

Epicenter is really starting to take shape. You can make out the various store fronts and walkways - I really like this elevation change from the surrounding highrises. As far as we know, is Epicenter still on schedule for a late summer/early fall opening? Talk about a perfect time of year to go strolling through downtown at night!

I ran by the entire complex yesterday, and it does look like the beginnings of the tower portion are taking shape. In the model the tower is angled some what with respect to the larger curved base, and if you look at some of the new pillars they have constructed, it seems to be going in that direction.

Also the front of epicenter is looking really good.

By looking at the webcam for this project it looks like they are adding more sections to the tower for 210 Trade. :yahoo:

It took me a lil while to figure out what you were talking about, but I assume you are talking about more sections to the tower crane.

It took me a lil while to figure out what you were talking about, but I assume you are talking about more sections to the tower crane.

Oops, I see that I did in fact not type the word *crane* after tower. :blush:

Can we assume that since these sections are being put in that 210 Trade is 100% go for launch as I don't see a need for them just for the lower part that is part of the EpiCentre project.

Oops, I see that I did in fact not type the word *crane* after tower. :blush:

Can we assume that since these sections are being put in that 210 Trade is 100% go for launch as I don't see a need for them just for the lower part that is part of the EpiCentre project.

Yes we can assume it is a go. I am getting pretty nervous however, because it looks like they are putting up formed plastic foam insulation up which could suggest to Dryvit (EIFS) over on the retail sections. I am however quite confident in my sources, who have all said it would be stone and masonry. The only EIFS there was supposed to be was molding, I will go by tommorrow and check it out.

Seems to be a another big pour night for Ghazi and company. This time it looks like they are laying concrete for the Theatre portion of the project. All in all this project is moving along quite smoothly. I would think that we should see the tower go verticle within a month or so at the current rate.

A2

Seems to be a another big pour night for Ghazi and company. This time it looks like they are laying concrete for the Theatre portion of the project. All in all this project is moving along quite smoothly. I would think that we should see the tower go verticle within a month or so at the current rate.

A2

I agree, if you look at some of the supports at the top of what is there now, they seemed to be angled in such a way that it looks like the first floor of the tower part is imminent.

Looking at your pictures, it appears they removed that overhead system of air ducts and generators thankfully.

Actually, I think you are referring to the ones on the BofA/Ritz-Carlton site on the next block over. Those are still there. I don't recall any on this block, but correct me if I am wrong.

It can feel very odd to walk by the EpiCenter site in the middle of the day. The sun is up, it's getting hot... but you can feel that cool, cave-like air drifing out of there. I guess all the mass of the concrete which chilled overnight, causes the effect.

Actually, I think you are referring to the ones on the BofA/Ritz-Carlton site on the next block over. Those are still there. I don't recall any on this block, but correct me if I am wrong.

I think you're right. Crap. We'll have to look at that ugly piping for a while longer.

Looking good. It sure has a come a long way from the pile of rubble that once stood these.

Hey Mobuchu, was that you taking pictures around lunchtime on 6-5? I was actually on the 4th floor of the the BOA parking deck. Some goofball was trying to jump into the shot sevaral times.

Edited by dxartist

Those right two renderings look more realistic and true to the current design. The far right rendering shows the cladding and smaller windows on the building like they have begun placing on the Trade St building. Overall not as impressive as the original all-glass design, but I'll take that over a pile of rubble.

I have another construction question. Are we at the Movie Theater/Bowling Alley level on this corner? I know there will be a pool on top of this eventually, so what is all the steel sticking up out of this level? Is that support for the pool? I dont know that much about construction, but if anyone can enlighten me, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

SteelQuestion.jpg