210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

Epicentre is moving along, but as for 210 Trade, they seemed to have stopped going "up" for the last two weeks or so. Not sure if there is additional permits they need, or if the construction changes significantly for the tower, but they look to be at a standstill. That is not to say that nothing is happening, though.

Whenever someone has the time..I'd like to see some new pictures. I don't get down to Charlotte much and the webcam doesn't do this site justice. :)

I dont want to spam the thread too much with pics since Mugen just had updates, but here's the latest, you can see more here. I keep monthly updates.

7-17-07

82462638.jpg

Epicentre is moving along, but as for 210 Trade, they seemed to have stopped going "up" for the last two weeks or so. Not sure if there is additional permits they need, or if the construction changes significantly for the tower, but they look to be at a standstill. That is not to say that nothing is happening, though.

Construction on 210 Trade has not even really begun yet. Everything you see on site now is the EpiCentre being built by Ghazi.

Construction on 210 Trade will probably begin shortly, but before that begins all the final structural inspections must be completed on the EpiCentre. In addition it is a seperate construction company building 210 Trade so they will have to move all of their people, trailers, and supplies onsite before they can really get started.

That is great news. Now we just need to hope that the rumors were false as to whether the first 50% (or whatever) was sold at too low a pricepoint, leaving the building at risk for 'value engineering'. So far, it appears like everything is going smoothly.

I present...."aloft"

aloft1ext.jpg

It's tough to determine what they have in mind for the exterior based on this rendering, but hopefully the lack of wall-mounted A/Cs is correct.

The exterior escalator serving some of the other Epicentre buildings that comes straight down to the College st. sidewalk looks sort of bizarre from an urban design standpoint.

Not too shabby, althbough I feel I was lied to by Ghazi himself. He said it himself, stone and masonry, It seems I am seeing dryvit and dryvit. Hopefully looks are deceiving. The Aloft looks decent. Is that a faux 3rd floor on the central building or did they add another floor to this puppy.