West

Justin6882

Yeah--those commercials are hilarious. I like how the guy is supposed to be in his twenties, yet sounds about 40 something :shades:

Well since I don't know anyone under 40 years old who could afford any of those units, (quarter million for a one-bedroom according to the website), then perhaps that's appropriate. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the photo update. When this is done, the view east down North Street from Glenwood will be just as impressive as the view down Jones Street towards Quorum Center is now. I wonder whether Empire will ever get around to carrying out their plans for the block immediately south of W@N. Seems they've already stretched themselves to the limit with Lafayette and 'L' for the time being, so it will be a while.

The sound from the train tracks in the picture probably won't be much of a problem, as there are no grade crossings in the immediate vicinity on that line. The one that will be a problem, is the CSX line that crosses Harrington and West at grade, no more than a couple hundred feet from the front door of this building.

Another huge building for DT! I would suppose this building will have special windows to help insulate from the sound of the passing train.

Would be interesting to have that. On the other hand, in that area, the trains run pretty slowly I believe. Mostly you'd hear a low rumble. I dare say the folks down on Glenwood South on an average Fri or Sat nite would produce more sound. ;)

Would be interesting to have that. On the other hand, in that area, the trains run pretty slowly I believe. Mostly you'd hear a low rumble. I dare say the folks down on Glenwood South on an average Fri or Sat nite would produce more sound. ;)

Exactly what I was going to say...those trains move very slowly through there.....

the trains go slow, but their horns when they pass the "at-grad" intersections aren't exactly quiet. put it this way, they're much louder than an amtrak roaring by at 80mph.

absolutely true. You can easily hear them all the way on Fayetteville st. There's one that comes around at the same time every night also.

^^ Its relevant to the thread so I'm going for it.....that is the single worst, and I mean, the freakin' worst ad slogan I have ever heard in my entire life. If the person who came up with that is reading this...seriously, leave it off your resume. were you marketing to spoiled out of touch teenagers that exist only as charcters in Melrose Place? wtf?

I biked by the model/sales center the other night and a whole wall is covered in pictures of "target" people smiling. A couple of "view" pictures, but nothing of the downtown/Glenwood South already in place, potential first floor tenants, or anything that says "city living".

The deck seems to "only" be 2.5 stories, whicih is more than what the building is replacing, but not by much. Though Harrington and the nearby Wake County space will likely be closed after 5 when the majority of visitors will eat/shop/visit residents.

I biked by the model/sales center the other night and a whole wall is covered in pictures of "target" people smiling. A couple of "view" pictures, but nothing of the downtown/Glenwood South already in place, potential first floor tenants, or anything that says "city living".

The deck seems to "only" be 2.5 stories, whicih is more than what the building is replacing, but not by much. Though Harrington and the nearby Wake County space will likely be closed after 5 when the majority of visitors will eat/shop/visit residents.

Looking at the construction pictures from the "West" web site and it seems to show 4 levels of parking for the building?

^^ Its relevant to the thread so I'm going for it.....that is the single worst, and I mean, the freakin' worst ad slogan I have ever heard in my entire life. If the person who came up with that is reading this...seriously, leave it off your resume. were you marketing to spoiled out of touch teenagers that exist only as charcters in Melrose Place? wtf?

Not to mention the fact that if you are "hanging out on Glenwood South" every night, perhaps you need to either check out AA or get some other activities in your life...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The brickwork is starting to go up in "columns", visible from Capitol Blvd. Their "bricking" pattern makes sense now with that new rendering!

With later daylight, I hope to get over there via bike and take pictures, but can't promise anything.

• 3 months later...

Received this from the Glenwood Agency (marketing/sales):

Floors five through eight are going through their architectural punch lists, floors nine through fourteen are completing final construction items, and floors fifteen and sixteen are getting paint, tile, countertops, and electrical/plumbing rough-in.

As for the amenities level, the pool level pavers have been installed and drywall, plumbing, electrical and cabinets are complete in the club room and fitness room. The lobby is receiving its wood panels and finishes and the storefronts will begin next week.

I will say that West--unlike 222--has turned out exactly as the renderings showed. I kind of like it--not fabulous, but good. Now that RBC cancelled their pool, West is the only development with the destinction of having a high-rise pool. I believe the building will be occupied in October.

Any word on the retailers? I recall hearing rumors that April & George would move, but they remodeled in the Creamery as "The George," and are staying put.

"Now that RBC cancelled their pool"

Wow! When did they cancel their pool? I would not be happy if I bought a unit expecting to have one and suddenly its gone. I don't think the people who bought units here really want to go swimming at the Y.

"Now that RBC cancelled their pool"

Wow! When did they cancel their pool? I would not be happy if I bought a unit expecting to have one and suddenly its gone. I don't think the people who bought units here really want to go swimming at the Y.

Wow! It seems as though everything is falling through!

Archived