Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

Looking the drained Lake Eola with the sand expo, does anyone ever thought about making a beach in Orlando maybe in Lake Ivanhoe. Change an entire stretch of lakefront into a beach for people to sunbaht, gather, picnic and dine. Sort of like lake up north in chicago.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lake fairview has...or had that back when i grew up in rosemont. i had a couple of friends who were lifeguards there. it was pretty hoppin actually. back behind the softball fields on the corner of lee rd and NOBT. not sure if it still exists cuz...well i live 3000 miles away. :dontknow:

lake fairview has...or had that back when i grew up in rosemont. i had a couple of friends who were lifeguards there. it was pretty hoppin actually. back behind the softball fields on the corner of lee rd and NOBT. not sure if it still exists cuz...well i live 3000 miles away. :dontknow:

A friend of mine just went jetskiing there a month or so ago. I have driven by there recently and they have small sailboats there, so I assume they rent them. Not sure if there is a ramp or dock or beach or any combination thereof.

Out of all the current buildings, I like this the most. That being said, I think this is going to look stumpy from across Lake Eola. From street level at Magnolia, this is going to look awesome and definitely bring some much needed life to that intersection.

Looking at the cam it looks like the art is a go, I think the final height is 367' included from the lower part of the 11' slope. I could very easily be wrong though. You can also see the base of the elliptical section, its a lot smaller than it would seem to be. Yet another change from the renderings. I would love to see this thing finished on the exterior before The Vue opens. What a laugh that would be. O'Native any good news from Atlanta.

It is 30 stories tall. The penthouse is on the 30th floor. So they have another 13 to go. The Washington/lake side is the basement.

Wasn't this supposed to originally be 28 or 29 stories? If so, they have gone up in height.

I don't know about that. I've been eyeballing from PTP Amsouth and Dynetech and at the rate that the floor heights are decreasing at this point, it doesn't look like it will be much taller than Amsouth. On paper it's supposed to be, but even with the B&G cam on Amsouth's roof, it looks way too short for where it's at in the construction process.

probably wrong, but that's what it seems like. 356' or so on the Magnolia side. Amsouth is 292'. Another 64' should be about 4 15' office floors or 5 12' floors. Not sure what Amsouth has, but when you eyball it, it doesn't look like it will really be that tall.

Keep in mind that is 367' from the low side. We grabbed that measurment off of the backside of the building, having already accounted for the slope. Tecnically, Dynetech is 378' feet.

The bottom line is that it is the equivalent of stacking a much larger, thinner, and more proportionally correct Solaire on that site.

Archived