Sounds Stadium design now starting

smeagolsfree

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you make a good point but I don't think it's fair to characterize ALL developers that way. Some, like John Eakin, have a demonstrated track record of staying quiet until they have all their ducks in a row.

Again, to your point though, when developers with a history of issuing a pr release everytime they move an inch down the field go silent it kind of makes you wonder. I wouldn't necessarily characterize SBER as an overzealous self promoter though, not yet anyway.

Good to hear from you Michael.

I know you cant give us a lot of information right now but when you can I hope you will. I know this is a delicate time trying to line up all the finalities and make sure all your t's are crossed and i's are dotted. I do have a question for you.

Do you forsee Struever doing more work in Nashville after the Sounds project is complete or near complete?

They seem to be a great company to work with and I realize this has not been an easy project.

Good to hear from you Michael.

I know you cant give us a lot of information right now but when you can I hope you will. I know this is a delicate time trying to line up all the finalities and make sure all your t's are crossed and i's are dotted. I do have a question for you.

Do you forsee Struever doing more work in Nashville after the Sounds project is complete or near complete?

They seem to be a great company to work with and I realize this has not been an easy project.

Yes, when SBER enters a new market, minimum deal size is usually 500m, target deal size for any new office is 1.5-2B. The company is all about neighborhood creation and getting large tracts of land under control, then working with the community to build a common vision for the redevelopment of the site and implementing that vision.

As you may know, it's so tough to make a coherent retail plan work if you are only developing one or two blocks at a time. You need more to really make it work. Check out our web site if you have a minute. The Greater Fells Point project in Baltimore or the Yonkers NY projects would be good examples of what we like to do.

Once the ballpark is under construction, you should hear more from us about other sites we are working on in Nashville.

More to the point, Michael. Surely it looks like BBS will be putting up their tower (perhaps by midyear). But for obvious reasons, DT hasn't seen much office in the last twenty years. In light of that, where (if at all) do you think future demand for office DT will come from? And how much would you think will go south of Broad? Obviously, that's tough to peg with the location of the CC uncertain.

One more question: I'm unclear how much land you and SBER control/own in Sobro. Where are the general boundaries of the properties under your (collectively) control.

I like it! Very urban setting, but also very comfortable looking and the way it's reccessed into the ground is a nice touch too! I love the mid-rise that is along the third base line. Very "Camden Yard-ish" in my opinion. The only thing I have a reservation about, and this may be because the drawings are so small, is the front of the stadium appears very "plain" looking. Am I wrong in that assumption? Or is the lack of a decently sized picture to blame for that?

Other than that, the other towers appear nicely done with accents along the top and middle portions. Very sleek and modern looking. They should tie in well with the Bass, Berry, and Sims tower and downtown overall.

One other thing, the overall design seems very walkable which is a HUGE plus in my book! I loved the covered storefronts fronting 1st avenue. I can just see a little bakery or deli in one of those.

To my eyes the surrounding developments look great, however I agree with Lexy that I think the ballpark may not seem imposing/impressive because it's so recessed into the ground. Somehow, I had also hoped for the ballpark to be closer to the road; it seems like there's a fairly large dead space between Gateway and the entrance. I sound critical, but I think I REALLY like the overall look of the modern towers and the old-fashioned brick building along left field.

To my eyes the surrounding developments look great, however I agree with Lexy that I think the ballpark may not seem imposing/impressive because it's so recessed into the ground. Somehow, I had also hoped for the ballpark to be closer to the road; it seems like there's a fairly large dead space between Gateway and the entrance. I sound critical, but I think I REALLY like the overall look of the modern towers and the old-fashioned brick building along left field.

franktown. On second glance I realize you are talking about the plaza on the corner of 1st and Gateway. If so, your right, it is quite large. However, I still think it's ok. Maybe a large fountain, statue, or something of that matter would be a nice centerpiece for that corner.

Even better, something a little more "New Yorkish" like a permanent paper stand/snack vendor with a few benches and trees.

I like it too. I'd like to see the streetfront continue to appear pedestrian friendly all the way down the 1st avenue side. It seems to drop off a little bit once the ballpark part of it is over. I'd also like to see a more in depth rendering of the space between the stadium and the building on 1st avenue. I want to see how that leads to the river, what the buildings will look like facing the sidewalk etc.

But overall, a great place to work from! This would really be a great addition as it appears currently in the renderings.

For the most part, I like what I see. My biggest concern is the relative smallness of the ballpark itself. I thought they were planning 12,000 seats instead of the 9,100 plus 20 suites listed in the article. I'm thinking that the Sounds could average well over 10,000 per game in a downtown ballpark if built large enough, so I'm surprised they're building it so small. My prediction is that tickets to Sounds games will be very tough to obtain, with virtually every game sold out.

Archived