The West End

gs3

On 8/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, Den2Gvl said:

Not exactly sure what German comfort food entails, but I'm definitely interested. :good:

Soft pretzels, good. Schnitzel (boneless thin meat that is fried), good. Spatzle (basically mac n' cheese), good. Sausages, good. Potato Pancakes (fried potatoes / hashbrowns), good.
Color me happy, I can't wait to try it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The land between Payne and Academy Streets between Wardlaw and Markley sold on 8/28/18 to Merrill Gardens of Greenville. There address is 1938 Fairview Ave. Suite 300 Seattle WA.  The price was $5,150,000. 

1.438 acres is the biggest parcel which is between Markley and the RR next to Markley Station.  I had heard a rumor earlier this year that this would be a Senior housing project.  Probaby similar to the one going up at Butler and Buncombe on the Cine property. 

EDIT: The remainder of the transaction was .73 acres lying directly between Payne and Academy.

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

The land between Payne and Academy Streets between Wardlaw and Markley sold on 8/28/18 to Merrill Gardens of Greenville. There address is 1938 Fairview Ave. Suite 300 Seattle WA.  The price was $5,150,000. 

1.438 acres is the biggest parcel which is between Markley and the RR next to Markley Station.  I had heard a rumor earlier this year that this would be a Senior housing project.  Probaby similar to the one going up at Butler and Buncombe on the Cine property. 

EDIT: The remainder of the transaction was .73 acres lying directly between Payne and Academy.

The buyer is about to develop this project in Columbia at the Bull Street Common project that Bob Hughes is the Master Developer for. 

Merrill Gardens at Columbia

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

DRB Agenda update:  The second one is for West Greenville

Informal Review (No Public Comment)

A.   Discussion/feedback of a new mixed-use project located at 821 S Main St.

B.   Discussion/feedback of a new mixed-use project located at the corner of Pendleton St., Irvine St., and Branwood St.

Excellent stuff. Both are in great locations that will help downtown and the Village connect towards one another. 

That parcel on Main has been on the market for years, although it might have been off and on.  I will be curious to see what they have planned because that lot is not very deep.  Based on the economics, it would seem it would have to be at least 4 floors.  This is also shares a long border with the transit property.  

On 10/1/2018 at 11:15 AM, vicupstate said:

There is a Townhouse project slated for 4 Logan St and 109 Wardlaw St. (across Logan St from the Swamp Rabbitt B&B).  There is a community meeting on 10/9 at 6:00 pm at the Kroc Center Conference room. I may learn more about it tomorrow.

6 units. 4 facing Wardlaw 1 facing Logan and 1 facing Payne. 2400-2500 sT approx. 3 levels plus roof terrace.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

This is awesome, but a little weird that such a cool business would go into such a run of the mill, non-descript building: 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/ashevilles-popular-the-whale-bottle-shop-and-bar-signs-lease-in-greenvilles-west-end/

I wouldn't have guessed something like this for that retail space, but I agree, sounds awesome and I'll definitely be checking it out.  The  West End is starting to fill in with businesses that will draw more and more people that way.