Va. Beach Town Center project 2

urbanvb

Norview Community Farm Market at MacArthur is open Tuesdays & Fridays from 11am until 7pm, and on Saturays from 9am unitl 4pm. This is a satillite location to the one on Norview Ave.

Not really -- the new market at Macarthur is the satellite to Norview. This TC market has been in work for a few months now. Mike Cullipher of Cullipher Farms in Pungo told me it was coming while I was picking strawberries down there in May. The Norview market has few actual farmers -- same complaint against the PA one. The TC market is better connected as it being promoted by Peter Coe, one of the owners of the Taste Unlimited chain. Cullipher and other Pungo farmers are already on board while they are not selling now at Norview or PA.

Part of a real sea change in American eating habits -- we are starting to value fresh food, just as the Europeans have for years. Public markets are a way of life in Germany, where even the discount stores post the origin of produce -- closer to the source is more valued. Fresh Market at Hilltop features some local produce.

Just eat a Pungo strawberry that was picked this week and you will never eat one encased in a plastic shell and shipped from California ever again.

A bit of info I was told today while talking with a retailer at TC. Block 9, which was supposed to be a midrise with possibly a Sundance theater, seems to have fizzled out and instead a 2 story building (somewhat like the Brooks Bros/Cheesecake factory block) will be constructed instead. I was not told when this might be built. Also, I was told the Hilton Garden Inn is doing a great business.

Block 9, which was supposed to be a midrise with possibly a Sundance theater, seems to have fizzled out and instead a 2 story building (somewhat like the Brooks Bros/Cheesecake factory block) will be constructed instead.

That is extremely dissapointing. :( What happened? I think the concept would have done very well.

With the cash cow that TC is you'd think they'd be jumping at the chance to locate here. If not in that location then hpefully they can squeeze something like that into City walk. I really hope they rethink this and come up with something a bit more imaginative than another 2 story retail block.

With the cash cow that TC is you'd think they'd be jumping at the chance to locate here. If not in that location then hpefully they can squeeze something like that into City walk. I really hope they rethink this and come up with something a bit more imaginative than another 2 story retail block.

I was told something about the mayor met with Robert Redford (the owner of Sundance theaters) but they could not come to an agreement. Beyond that I have no idea why the two minds couldn't meet.

The new brewery has been enjoying large crowds over the weekend. And I am amazed how many people are visiting TC this summer esp at night. It is become quite a destination in its own right. When all the retail materializes even more day shoppers should turn out as well.

Doing some research I think this may have been our ill-fated sundance midrise block.

sundance.jpg

One thing to note is the design of the building is earily similar to what the City Walk renderings look like. It makes me wonder if perhaps they are trying to put sundance over there. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note, it looks like the condos that will go on the PAC lot will go before the planning commisson September 13th. The planning documents should be availiable by September 6th.

TOWN CENTER ASSOCIATES 6, L.L.C.

Application of Town Center Associates 6, L.L.C. for a Conditional Use Permit for multi-family dwellings on property located at the southwest intersection of Market Street and Bank Street (GPIN 1477446890 - part of). DISTRICT 5 - LYNNHAVEN / STAFF PLANNER: Faith Christie

It's that 3 story building that will be directly across from the pac and contain McCormick and Schmicks.

I think it will be taller like 5 or 6 stories since it's supposed to have 57 condos. My quick math based on the lot square footage and using an average condo + hallway space of 1100 sqft (if my memory serves me right, it was a few weeks ago) put it at that height. I don't imagine it would be taller than the PAC.

Edited by hoobo

I can hear it now. The VB firefighters will be singin' the blues and crying about how much more personel and stations are needed. Check it out here.

:shok: Oh no! I hope they get that sucker under control! Let the hand wringing begin. This will definately be at issue the next council meeting. <_<

5265588_BG3.gif

5265588_BG1.jpg

5265588_BG4.jpg

Perhaps the first three floors are the only ones connected to the retail and office component on the west side of town center. I'm not sure what floor the glass windows stop at for the Boulevard side of the garage. I used to park on the 4th floor for work there too...glad I moved to Richmond!!