Progress Energy III (aka "Block B")

ChiefJoJo

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What wonderful news. I'm gonna try not to get to wrapped up in it for now until its a bit more definite, but I'm very excited of such news. Funny thing is last night I was going to post here and ask if anyone had heard of anything new. Can't wait to find out more!

I saw this story last night at 11:00. How about this reporting:

* Rumor is that a 40 is going in at PEIII.

* Will retail make the jump to downtown?

* Find one store owner (children's toys) in CV who is skeptical.

* Extrapolate that all retail in Raleigh isn't sold on downtown yet.

I think a high-end children's store is one of the last that would go into a downtown full of high-rise condos. They didn't mention that Founder's Row sat there for, what 10 years, before other condo demand joined it.

This sounds like good news for Raleigh. I knew it was just a matter of time before Raleigh got its own pure condo high rise. If they price it right then it should sell well.

Just a reminder...that if this is a pure residential condo building then don't expect it to be much taller than the current BB&T and Wachovia office towers...even at 42 stories. Condos floors are considerably shorter than office floors.

Archived