Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Nate, you do a great job representing the Crescent City with all those dynamic shots. :thumbsup: Impressive shot of the skyscrapers taken from the ground. And the impressive density that even city's up North have to recognize!

But it's almost not fair that you have an endless urban mecca like New Orleans to take all those pics. Where I'm at, there is only a limited amount of urban shots in Baton Rouge; in comparison to NOLA. :cry::lol:

But it's almost not fair that you have an endless urban mecca like New Orleans to take all those pics. Where I'm at, there is only a limited amount of urban shots in Baton Rouge; in comparison to NOLA. :cry::lol:

That's the perfect chance to get inventive with the persepectives! Make the city look as urban as you can (that's one of the things I try to do with my Atlanta shots).

IC- thank you very much! I captured that shot by simply looking up at the sky. It was taken from the plaza that surrounds Pan American Life Center(left in photo) which is right next to the Intercontinental Hotel and across the street from the tallest building in the state, the 697 foot One Shell Square.

Richy- I'm glad you've been enjoying my photos! About the urbanity here in New Orleans, I guess I'm just very fortunate to essentially have an entire city at my disposal for urban shots. About Baton Rouge, however, I agree with IC; get inventive and explore a little bit. I guarantee you'll find stuff you've never seen before that will fit in with any urban shot out there. :thumbsup:

Thanks yall. I do try that, and it works some; it's just been a few months since I have taken any pics. But like you said get creative/inventive :thumbsup:

Baton Rouge was a late blooming city so the "older urban core" is not as large compared the suburban like scenery that dominates. + like in so many cities, historical buildings were torn down.Baton Rouge is very spread-out; dense in places, but still some rural elements that are filing up with developments quickly.

Example- Buildings over 200'ft. Atlanta 70+; New Orleans-38; Baton Rouge-5

IC- thank you very much! I captured that shot by simply looking up at the sky. It was taken from the plaza that surrounds Pan American Life Center(left in photo) which is right next to the Intercontinental Hotel and across the street from the tallest building in the state, the 697 foot One Shell Square.

There was a picture I took a while back (it's not of anything in LA, though) while lying down on the sidewalk outside the building. It looked a little wierd to passerby, but hey, the photo turned out nicely.

however, I agree with IC; get inventive and explore a little bit. I guarantee you'll find stuff you've never seen before that will fit in with any urban shot out there. :thumbsup:

I come from a town west of Atlanta with about 25,000 people living in it. It's a typical suburban town--mostly sprawl and shopping malls & the like, but there is a nice couple of blocks in the historic downtown area that have been there since just after the Civil War. It's wonderfully preserved. When I take pictures of my hometown, I try to focus on getting creative perspectives of that little area, small though it may be. I posted some here once in the Atlanta forum. If I can find the link, I'll give it to you.

Atlanta, of course, is not the world's most urban city (could you tell ;) ), but when I head into the city to take picutres, I have learned just how to make it look as urban as possible and I know several spots in the city's DT and Midtown that actually do have some urban feel to them, so I try to get a lot of picture there.

^That's a beautiful shot. I love it! The sunrise is so pretty. How early was this?

Thanks IC, I'll be sure to check your pics out when I get back in a couple of days :thumbsup: I'm out the door almost as I speak.

You'll have to check-out some of my pics too.

Thanks! I'll have to check out your pics as well! If the ones I've seen so far are anything to go by, then I'm sure they're great!

Hope you have a great time wherever you're going.

New Orleans, LA; home of the National Biscut Company! :lol:

467434061_ea1a720a09_b.jpg

Hey, we have one of those old Uneeda Biscuit signs. :) I believe there's one in Hot Springs as well. This may not be known to some, so I'll go ahead and put this out there: National Biscuit Company, who put these ads out, is the company now known as NaBisCo. ;)