Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Thanks for the comment, IC!

You know, NCB, one of these days, I'm going to have to come down to Louisiana myself to see what you guys have been posting here. When that day comes, I assure, my camera will be there.

Great works, guys, keep it up.

LA Thunder: Great photos, man! When were you at the Audubon Zoo, and what did you think?

IC: I really hope you make it down here sometime soon to see what all the hype is about...at least the hype from us! :lol: Louisiana is all about history, culture, people, food, music, and fun. If you like any of that, you'll love it down here, especially New Orleans! :thumbsup:

One Canal Place near the foot of Canal Street in downtown New Orleans:

467306898_820ad46517_b.jpg

Loving it! I really like this building in person as well.

Speaking of New Orleans I was just talking to my coworkers about how cool Bourbon Street is. *sigh* One of them has never been, and the dude's missing out. He's in his 60s and never been... shame!

Thanks guys! And it's good to see you back, Brian!

Speaking of New Orleans I was just talking to my coworkers about how cool Bourbon Street is. *sigh* One of them has never been, and the dude's missing out. He's in his 60s and never been... shame!

Boom!

467421544_0997980781_b.jpg

^Nice shot Nate, that's a post card-type shot....and now a contrast

The Lee High School swamp(just off Lee Drive) in Baton Rouge; just a couple of miles east of LSU; part of the Bayou Duplantier urban watershed

swamp1tp6.jpg

Jermaine, a junior at Lee HS shows how far the depth of the elevation change is.

swamp2if2.jpg

swamp3to8.jpg

Aerial of the Bayou Duplantier watershed (outlined green) I believe covers over 400 acres ??

University Lake(far left)

This watershed connects to Dawson Creek which flows into Wards Creek that flows into Bayou Manchac, then the Amite River which eventually takes you to Lake Maurapeas to Lake Ponchartrain and eventually into the Gulf of Mexico

untitledni5yf4.png

Edited by richyb83

^Wow, what a rewarding experience that must be, Richy! I know you had mentioned that you worked with the Hearing-Impaired, but I didn't know how or where.

I really wish more people could realize that money doesn't bring true happiness; you seem to be someone who never went that direction! :thumbsup:

So true Nate. Money does not bring true happiness. If that were true there wouldn't be so many miserable celebreties and divorce. I heard it said that....If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life. In this day and age society's chief motive of the selfish is to "get". And it never seems to be enough.

Interpreters who are nationally certified can make some good money. However in the school system it's contract work; you don't work, you don't get paid, no sick leave, insurance, etc. Good hourly pay and retirement taken out.

Interpreters make some serious money with the phone relay system; I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it. Like you said, money ain't everything.

Edited by richyb83

Great idea for a pic Nate. St.Tammany has the best bike trail ever.

I wish we had something like that here. Though there is a new bike path along the Miss. River levee from LSU to Downtown(not nearly as long as St.Tammany), I really need to check it out. And get some pics too.