Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Thanks for sharing more zoo photo's Nate. The Aububon Zoo has always been a special for me to visit. Wow, the white Tiger is up there with the Silverback; the Flamingo's almost look fake; great color pics!

At least the overcast weather has kept the temps from getting too hot.

You ain't kiddin' IC, I wonder what they pay?? Thanks Nate :thumbsup:

Some serious history.....dating back to 1000 A.D.

71107054ex4.jpg

Native American Landmark

71107055kh2.jpg

Overlooking Capitol Lake

71107057qd7.jpg

Capitol Lake Road

71107058mk9.jpg

In front of One American Place; blending into the trees The "Gateway" buildings to the Capitol Park Complex.

71107059kx6.jpg

Nice view of the State Capitol atop the landmark

71107060hw3.jpg

Great stuff, Richy! I haven't been around that part of the Capitol area in many years; thanks for sharing!

Anyone else in SE Louisiana will know what I mean when I say....Oh how I miss this type of weather! ;)

841868310_bc7634537b_b.jpg

Those clouds were over downtown New Orleans about 10 days ago.

Thanks Nate :thumbsup: I haven't been to that section of the Capitol grounds for years.

Nice bright pic Nate! Really like those cumulus(sp?) clouds!!! This could have gone on the Weather thread :lol:

I know exactly what you mean Nate. Not many dry days in July at all! And we have had much more rain on this side of BR than the Airport where rainfall is officially recorded.

This was probably the same day!!!

The new "round-about" on Fieldhouse Drive @ North Stadium Drive in the shadows of Tiger Stadium.

71107010et6.jpg

^From this view, massive Tiger Stadium is down the hill behind those buildings or it would look even taller! :shades:

Edited by richyb83

Cool shot, Richy!

Here's a shot of the Royal Street-streetwall in the French Quarter, lined with shops, restaurants, art galleries, clothing stores, hotels, and of course on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floors of buildings, apartments.

861448318_59a02e11eb_b.jpg

Great shot Nate, does it get more dense than that!!! :tough: Royal Street is hard to beat!

Part of Baton Rouge's "Living Room".

RiverCenter(left); Sheraton and Atrium(back); USS Kidd Museum; part of the rivefront plaza.

And the sometimes controversial Illinios Central R.R. running beneath...

71107035ta9.jpg