Park West

RemusCal

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but aparently a phase of Park West (called "Park West Heights") is going before either the planning commission or city council or something in Fayetteville soon (I'm not at my desk so I can't remember off the top of my head).

It will be located in the northwest portion of the property, off of Hwy 112. Don't know anymore details than that, but by the name I'm guessing it will be strictly residential of some sorts.

On a side note, last weekend while I was up there in Fayetteville I drove around that area and saw how most if not all of the infrastructure for the Wellsprings development is in. It's as if west Fayetteville is 'oozing' northward... maybe I should be thinking of it now as 'northwest Fayetteville'.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but aparently a phase of Park West (called "Park West Heights") is going before either the planning commission or city council or something in Fayetteville soon (I'm not at my desk so I can't remember off the top of my head).

It will be located in the northwest portion of the property, off of Hwy 112. Don't know anymore details than that, but by the name I'm guessing it will be strictly residential of some sorts.

On a side note, last weekend while I was up there in Fayetteville I drove around that area and saw how most if not all of the infrastructure for the Wellsprings development is in. It's as if west Fayetteville is 'oozing' northward... maybe I should be thinking of it now as 'northwest Fayetteville'.

Thanks for the update itk. Right now I think west Fayetteville is where a lot of growth is going on. But yes it is moving to the northwest part of the city. I think it will be even more noticable when Sam's starts construction and opens up. Wal-mart/Sam's really seems to pull in a lot of development. Granted it's usually strip malls and such. But I think it will simply make more people think about that area of the city for future development.

Has anyone heard any word on Sam's? I am not sure what is going on with the Alcohol debate, or why it seems to be taking forever to get this started.

Sam's is on hold because the liquor stores keep appealing. But I do think they are running out of appeals. I could be wrong but I got the impression as long as everything works out construction will probably start up later this summer.

Has anyone heard any word on Sam's? I am not sure what is going on with the Alcohol debate, or why it seems to be taking forever to get this started.

A fellow in my office has a son who is an attorney for Wal-Mart, at least somewhat involved in that alcohol permit case. Last I heard from him (few months ago), I think he said the alochol permit "debate" was about over. But I also heard that several months before then, so I'm not sure what the hold-up is. I'll have to ask again.

There are people on this board who probably know more details.

Sam's is on hold because the liquor stores keep appealing. But I do think they are running out of appeals. I could be wrong but I got the impression as long as everything works out construction will probably start up later this summer.

Aha.

Thanks for the info guys, I can't wait to buy 5 gallon buckets of pickles and bulk toilet paper in Fayetteville.

:lol: To be honest there's a good chance I won't hardly ever shop there. But I'm still glad it will be here in Fayetteville. The one in Springdale generated around $900,000 worth of revenue for the city.

I called Paradigm Development and spoke with them about Park West and also Oakbrooke. They said the first thing they would put into Park West would be homes like the historic homes of Oakbrooke in the northwest corner of Park West. They said that it still needs approval from the City of Fayetteville before it happens.

I called Paradigm Development and spoke with them about Park West and also Oakbrooke. They said the first thing they would put into Park West would be homes like the historic homes of Oakbrooke in the northwest corner of Park West. They said that it still needs approval from the City of Fayetteville before it happens.

Hey Sparkie, nice to hear from you. Thanks for the update.

Are they planning highrises for this development?

Or midrises for that matter?

I could be wrong on this but I wasn't expecting anything above 4-5 stories if even that.

Yes, Thanks for the info Sparkie... From the Paradigm website it looks like 4 or 5 stories will be max for this project unless something changes. I do think that the homes in the Oakbrook s/d (which is located on Rupple Rd for those of us who may not know) are intersesting. Kind of gives you a neighborhood from the 50s feeling, it should fit in with a new urbanism project quite well. I really does not appeal to me, but I am sure many people still like this style of home.

Yes, Thanks for the info Sparkie... From the Paradigm website it looks like 4 or 5 stories will be max for this project unless something changes. I do think that the homes in the Oakbrook s/d (which is located on Rupple Rd for those of us who may not know) are intersesting. Kind of gives you a neighborhood from the 50s feeling, it should fit in with a new urbanism project quite well. I really does not appeal to me, but I am sure many people still like this style of home.

What type of home would you like to see in Oakbrooke or Park West?

What type of home would you like to see in Oakbrooke or Park West?

Well, I kind of like the more modern Rock/brick combo houses with 3/4 car garages. But, I am sure many people love this style of home, and at least it is something different than the normal tract homes.

Well, I kind of like the more modern Rock/brick combo houses with 3/4 car garages. But, I am sure many people love this style of home, and at least it is something different than the normal tract homes.

You'd love the subdivisions up here in Benton County then... there are some of the most beautiful rock/brick combo houses up here. If you can call them houses... I like to refer to them as mini-mansions. Many of them have European design and many resemble chateaus or even castles. There are some subs with tract homes but the more "upscale" subs definitely stand out above the rest.

You'd love the subdivisions up here in Benton County then... there are some of the most beautiful rock/brick combo houses up here. If you can call them houses... I like to refer to them as mini-mansions. Many of them have European design and many resemble chateaus or even castles. There are some subs with tract homes but the more "upscale" subs definitely stand out above the rest.

Yeah, we have a bunch of those too. They pretty much are located on the east side of Fayetteville. The eastside is a nice area of town, but real estate prices can be somewhat higher over there. Also it is really a pain to get across town to the interstate or where ever. If you ask me it is just much more convinient to live in the western or northern parts of town.

Yeah I really love how those homes are so unique. I mean, you could never have two homes that look like eachother in one of those subdivisions. I think such a sophisticated level of architectural diversity is really thriving up in Benton county. Where else in the country can you find a 4 bedroom McMansion with cheap brick and faux rock exteriors? Oh, and those gorgecous 3 car garages that take up so much space and serve as testaments to American consumerism and a lack of alternatives to transportation, nothing short of luxury! I wish fayetteville would just bulldoze those dated historical neighborhoods and make way for some more of those cookie-cutter home designs that developers proliferate throughout the land in order to make a profit without having to ever even speak to an actual architect. Oh, and I can't forget to mention those fantastic European design elements that masonsdad mentioned. Who WOULDN"T want to live in a chateau in the middle of Rogers AR? I mean why even visit the actual thing when you can drive into a subdivion (assuming that it isn't gated) called something like Borghese Gardens and see the same old McMansion designs but with a super-cute European-style turret glued onto the facade! Oh, and don't get me started on those great non-functioning front porches that so many of those homes have. So what if you can't actually put outdoor furniture in front of your house, you might have to actually talk to your neighbors! So yeah, I think Benton County is a perfect example of what a wonderful direction this country is taking as far as urban policy.

Yeah I really love how those homes are so unique. I mean, you could never have two homes that look like eachother in one of those subdivisions. I think such a sophisticated level of architectural diversity is really thriving up in Benton county. Where else in the country can you find a 4 bedroom McMansion with cheap brick and faux rock exteriors? Oh, and those gorgecous 3 car garages that take up so much space and serve as testaments to American consumerism and a lack of alternatives to transportation, nothing short of luxury! I wish fayetteville would just bulldoze those dated historical neighborhoods and make way for some more of those cookie-cutter home designs that developers proliferate throughout the land in order to make a profit without having to ever even speak to an actual architect. Oh, and I can't forget to mention those fantastic European design elements that masonsdad mentioned. Who WOULDN"T want to live in a chateau in the middle of Rogers AR? I mean why even visit the actual thing when you can drive into a subdivion (assuming that it isn't gated) called something like Borghese Gardens and see the same old McMansion designs but with a super-cute European-style turret glued onto the facade! Oh, and don't get me started on those great non-functioning front porches that so many of those homes have. So what if you can't actually put outdoor furniture in front of your house, you might have to actually talk to your neighbors! So yeah, I think Benton County is a perfect example of what a wonderful direction this country is taking as far as urban policy.

If you think these incredible homes in Benton County are cookie-cutter faux you really should check out homes across the country because they don't get any better. It's not an issue with Benton County and you won't find anything different in Fayetteville. I've seen more cheaply built luxury homes in wealthy neighborhoods of Dallas, TX and St. Petersburg, FL.

HAHAHA, thats awsome

• 4 weeks later...

The first Phase of Park West has come through the planning commission recently. I have not heard if it passed or was denied, but I would guess it has passed. It is called The Heights at Park West, and is located on the corner of Hwy 112 and Deane Solomon Rd. It will be appox 100 residential units mostly single family along with some townhouses.

Here is a ton of information on it from the city of Fayetteville's website:

The Heights at Park West

The first Phase of Park West has come through the planning commission recently. I have not heard if it passed or was denied, but I would guess it has passed. It is called The Heights at Park West, and is located on the corner of Hwy 112 and Deane Solomon Rd. It will be appox 100 residential units mostly single family along with some townhouses.

Here is a ton of information on it from the city of Fayetteville's website:

The Heights at Park West

I heard that Park West has a "No McMansion / Snout-house" policy for the home designs.

• 2 weeks later...

Paradigm has updated the Park West website some lately. They have put some more information about the area as well as the development. Construction has just stared on the northwest corner of the development, which is called the Heights @ Park West.

Here is the link to the website:

Park West

Archived