Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

:D The first two years should be no problem filling the seats. It will be new and people will want to go check it out. It's after all the newness wears off will we get to see how things really go. If it were a different team people will sometimes go out to see a Major Leager who's rehabbing an injury and going up through the minor leagues to their way to starting again. I'm not sure there will be as much interest considering it's the Royals. They occasionally have a good team but nowadays it seems a bit rare. I guess we'll see if people just want to see a game and the atmosphere or if people will mainly be interested if they're winning games.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While driving along 540 the other day, I noticed you can see the site preparation/red dirt. It's really too bad it wasn't closer to 540, or for that matter, in downtown Springdale.

A couple of chicken houses still sort of block its view; granted, when the lights go up, it will hard to miss, but I have to wonder what will happen with the land between it and 540. Something commercial, no doubt.

While driving along 540 the other day, I noticed you can see the site preparation/red dirt. It's really too bad it wasn't closer to 540, or for that matter, in downtown Springdale.

A couple of chicken houses still sort of block its view; granted, when the lights go up, it will hard to miss, but I have to wonder what will happen with the land between it and 540. Something commercial, no doubt.

I recently made a trip to North Little Rock and visited the new Dickey-Stephens Ballpark. It looks great to me although it certainly has it's detractors in the general Arkansas forum. If the Springdale park looks as nice I think it will be money well spent for the city. The Dickey-Stephens Park certainly has a great location with a downtown skyline view and easy access, neither which the Springdale park will have. I thought a couple of photos contrasting the parks in their present state would be interesting. Both parks are built down in a hole as seems to be the norm.

dscn0297lp0.jpg

dscn0314ln9.jpg

Archived