CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fieldhouse at West End

gs3

According to the R.E. insert in last week's Journal, there are only 4 units left. Out of 30 or 32 units, that's pretty good considering they are only now finishing them. A lot of people won't buy something until they see the completed product, and given the national slowdown, they probably have the luxury of waiting until it's finished.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed a sign up in one of the commercial spaces in the Fieldhouse for a new Mexican restaurant (next to Liberty Taproom) opening soon. Can't remember the name.....Compadre maybe? Not sure if it's local or a chain. :dontknow:

You're correct. The MLS shows 4 left (out of 32). The Fieldhouse web site where I got my info is running behind.

Also there are a couple of re-sales on the field side. The owners are looking for around $450/ sq. ft. That is quite a premium over the $265/ sq. ft. for the unsold units. It's probably more of a fishing expedition. Location, location, location.

There are 40 total units in the building. I would say its pretty darn good to be 90% sold out before you've completed the building. They orginally started at $260/ft., and you are right, people trying to get $450 are either smoking something illegal or are very optimistic. I'm seeing resales from the buybing from the speculators coming in at the $330/ft. range.

There are 40 total units in the building. I would say its pretty darn good to be 90% sold out before you've completed the building. They orginally started at $260/ft., and you are right, people trying to get $450 are either smoking something illegal or are very optimistic. I'm seeing resales from the buybing from the speculators coming in at the $330/ft. range.

I understand from someone who's already moved in that there have been more-than-the-usual new construction headaches. Curious if anyone else is hearing that. Regardless, you should get confirmation that the (apparently horrific) plumbing issues affecting multiple units have been resolved. That said, everyone I know who's moved in LOVES it and said that even with the problems, they wouldn't trade their front-row ballpark seat for anything. My last update was several days ago, so maybe things have settled down by now.

• 2 weeks later...

At dinner last night with friends from out of town and one had a real estate guide (they are looking to move here). An add for The Fieldhouse really caught their attention and they ask me where EAST End Field was......no such place I said......they showed me the guide......a condo for sale for 495,000 in "The Fieldhouse at East End Field". Either baseball has really taken off in Greenville and we have another new ballpark in the works, or out of town flippers need to learn their geography. :lol:

At dinner last night with friends from out of town and one had a real estate guide (they are looking to move here). An add for The Fieldhouse really caught their attention and they ask me where EAST End Field was......no such place I said......they showed me the guide......a condo for sale for 495,000 in "The Fieldhouse at East End Field". Either baseball has really taken off in Greenville and we have another new ballpark in the works, or out of town flippers need to learn their geography. :lol:

I understand from someone who's already moved in that there have been more-than-the-usual new construction headaches. Curious if anyone else is hearing that. Regardless, you should get confirmation that the (apparently horrific) plumbing issues affecting multiple units have been resolved. That said, everyone I know who's moved in LOVES it and said that even with the problems, they wouldn't trade their front-row ballpark seat for anything. My last update was several days ago, so maybe things have settled down by now.

I have a friend that works at the Port City Java location @ the Field House. This morning we were texting each other when the manager came in. Apparently, the main water line to the building is in danger if rupturing. Just thought this might have something to do with what you are talking about.

Spent our first weekend in the condo. The view of the game from our balcony is great and we were able to catch two Drive wins over Columbus. You have to keep up with the game to know the score because the scoreboard is not visible from the Field House. I guess I could ask the center-fielder. ;) Everyone we've met is very friendly (as you would expect in Greenville) and our downstairs neighbors even fed us Frogmore Stew.

I'm on crutches (dislocated my heel playing tennis :( ), so the move-in is going slow. I really owe my wife for taking care of everything. She must have made a hundred trips between our SUV and the condo.

There is a short punch list for the condo, but the realtor and developer have been good about working it. The biggest problem we had was with Duke Power turning on the electricity. They should have turned it on Thursday prior to our arrival, but it still wasn't on at 9pm on Friday. Finally, my brother-in law (a licensed electrician) opened the meter and turned it on.

BTW, my wife met the owner of the Liberty Tap Room and he said they were opening 3 July. :alc: It's great being back in Greenville!

Congratulations on the move!

One option for the Drive game is to listen online to the simulcast at the Drive's website. There may be a slight delay, but I don't think it's a lot. And the announcer who calls the games is terrific.

Archived