TallyVision

Florida

I have done the floor-directing during different blocks of the shows. I think I do a wonderful job at it, as long as my boss tells me when to standby, countdown, and cue the anchors on time.

After some time you'll get a "feel" for the flow of the show and you will anticipate the cues the director relays. It comes with experience.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After some time you'll get a "feel" for the flow of the show and you will anticipate the cues the director relays. It comes with experience.

I surely do hope so, its just that director has sometimes not said standby at all and at the last second "cue", no countdown, but Im getting used to it.

I surely do hope so, its just that director has sometimes not said standby at all and at the last second "cue", no countdown, but Im getting used to it.

Yeah, that happens with all directors from time to time. I know. I've been on both sides of the headset as a floor director and a newscast director.

Is there other reasons why Beau Bishop left WCTV? The Ohio station doesn't seem like it services a much bigger market. The must pay a lot more up there.

I thought that station served the entire state of Ohio like the old Florida New Channel did here? If so, I definitely think that was a bigger market for Beau. If my old memory serves me correctly, I believe I read here or heard on WCTV before he moved that a "female" had a little to do w/his move too. But I can't be certain about that part.

I thought that station served the entire state of Ohio like the old Florida New Channel did here? If so, I definitely think that was a bigger market for Beau. If my old memory serves me correctly, I believe I read here or heard on WCTV before he moved that a "female" had a little to do w/his move too. But I can't be certain about that part.

I think it covers all of Ohio, technically a bigger market since its a broadcast to the whole state.

And FYI everyone. Rob Shaw will unfortunately be leaving WCTV sometime this week. I think its either Tuesday, Wednesday, or maybe Thursday. Im not really sure which one though. So thats another great sports anchor gone from WCTV.

• 4 weeks later...

^Ah man that stinks. I'm definitely more of a Shaw fan than a Gumble one.

Know where he is going?

I noticed that too when I was looking over the bios on their site for something. I also have noticed on wikipedia that over at 27 Amanda Anderson left as well as Sean Smith. Not sure why. I've also noticed that Matt Tanner left too.

I noticed that too when I was looking over the bios on their site for something. I also have noticed on wikipedia that over at 27 Amanda Anderson left as well as Sean Smith. Not sure why. I've also noticed that Matt Tanner left too.

Yeah I noticed the some of the personalities leaving WTXL while watching. I was much more a Sean Smtih fan than Brad Dalton. It's sad that you have to go to Wiki for updates on WTXL. They do a poor job of updating their news team bios on their website. They've still never posted a pic of Lenita Wesson. I actually had to look up what Matt Tanner looked like, for some reason I don't remember him. Wiki also states that WTXL lost their 3rd string weather guy Don Harringan. I believe they've got a new 3rd wx guy, but not sure about a new sports guy and of course their website isn't going to tell you anything.

WCTV does a much better job of updating their website.

Yeah I noticed the some of the personalities leaving WTXL while watching. I was much more a Sean Smtih fan than Brad Dalton. It's sad that you have to go to Wiki for updates on WTXL. They do a poor job of updating their news team bios on their website. They've still never posted a pic of Lenita Wesson. I actually had to look up what Matt Tanner looked like, for some reason I don't remember him. Wiki also states that WTXL lost their 3rd string weather guy Don Harringan. I believe they've got a new 3rd wx guy, but not sure about a new sports guy and of course their website isn't going to tell you anything.

WCTV does a much better job of updating their website.

I agree, WCTV does update their site more frequently.

I agree, WCTV does update their site more frequently.

Back in the day, WTXL used to have little tidbits in the Democrat about an on-air personality leaving. Remember, their was an entire column devoted to Preston Scott in the sports section prior to him leaving. It now looks like WTXL has 3 weather people (Nancy, Dave and Jason Adams on the weekends). They also did get a 2nd sports guy but, I don't know if he's permanent or not. He's not featured in their commercial that promotes the website, only Brad is in it. They did have another prior to the guy that was on this weekend. His name I believe was Brent Hatchett. Not sure of this new guy's name. Marco replaced Todd Morrill. I guess Todd's now gone. I've noticed that Abbey is being featured more on their casts too.

I think it was also a bad move to move Judge Judy to 10am and putting that new show, The Doctors, in the 4pm slot. The only reason The Doctor's is on is to capitalize on that ER doctor who was on The Bachelor.

In regards to McCall, he just might be taking a long break. I believe he also has a couple of kids too. It could be a family thing.

In regards to McCall, he just might be taking a long break. I believe he also has a couple of kids too. It could be a family thing.

I hope you're right (in terms of it being a break, not something wrong with the family). McCall is the highlight of Tallahassee Television. Maybe it hasnt been as long as it seems (I have been on the road a lot lately), but I thought it had been a while since Ive seen him. Thanks!

I think it was also a bad move to move Judge Judy to 10am and putting that new show, The Doctors, in the 4pm slot. The only reason The Doctor's is on is to capitalize on that ER doctor who was on The Bachelor.

Wow I don't watch any of those shows. The Promo I saw for The Doctor's states that it's by the same folks that do Dr. Obvious aka Dr. Phil. What station and time is he on in the local market?

Dang WTXL is having major turn-overs. I thought I just saw Todd Morrill on the other night doing weekend news? Thanks for the updates on the comings and goings over there b/c we surely won't find out this info on their website for several more months.

I've said this before, but this is the only place I've ever lived where the local newspaper did NOT report on the comings and going of the local TV personalities.

Back in the day, WTXL used to have little tidbits in the Democrat about an on-air personality leaving. Remember, their was an entire column devoted to Preston Scott in the sports section prior to him leaving.

If memory serves me correctly, the Democrat used to have a reporter whose duties included keeping up with local and regional television & radio broadcast news but when they downsized several years ago they dropped media coverage. Similar to the "traffic doctor" being dropped.

If memory serves me correctly, the Democrat used to have a reporter whose duties included keeping up with local and regional television & radio broadcast news but when they downsized several years ago they dropped media coverage. Similar to the "traffic doctor" being dropped.

They morphed the Traffic Doctor column into a message board at the Democrat and it's just not the same. However on that note, I'd enjoy seeing them do a blog about local media and cover the comings and goings. It would be easy to do and not cost them that much money or time. I mean they tend to blog about almost everything thing over there from the absurd to the mundane.

Is it just me, or does it seem McCall has been gone for a while? Maybe he's just on a long vacation (and good for him if he is!), but it seems Sheena has been on a lot. Anyone know anything?

Mike does need to have time off guys, although he is the best known meteorologist in North FL & South GA, he like all of the others who work at WCTV, has a life outside of the station. He's been working alot and he came in on the Saturday that Fay moved through the area. I was supposed to come in that Saturday to intern but I cant drive myself there with a restricted license and the dirt road in front of my house was underwater.

And with Mike not being there some on the weekdays, that will give Sheena more time to become known on TV by viewers.

And with Mike not being there some on the weekdays, that will give Sheena more time to become known on TV by viewers.

Good point awds. I really like Sheena and think she does a great job for a rookie..............so that means she probably won't be w/us very long before she's picked up by a bigger market. :(

Mike does need to have time off guys, although he is the best known meteorologist in North FL & South GA, he like all of the others who work at WCTV, has a life outside of the station.

I absolutely agree, we all need our time off. I was more asking out of concern if something had happened off air.

Also, I'd love to see McCall back to posting...when the hurricanes slow down :)

I absolutely agree, we all need our time off. I was more asking out of concern if something had happened off air.

Also, I'd love to see McCall back to posting...when the hurricanes slow down :)

I'd like to see Mike Post on here again too, but I wouldn't doubt that his busy work schedule doesn't permit it all the time.

On another note, does anyone on here have channel 27 in HD? I have DirecTv at home and 27 is not HD on there yet.

Wow I don't watch any of those shows. The Promo I saw for The Doctor's states that it's by the same folks that do Dr. Obvious aka Dr. Phil. What station and time is he on in the local market?

Dang WTXL is having major turn-overs. I thought I just saw Todd Morrill on the other night doing weekend news? Thanks for the updates on the comings and goings over there b/c we surely won't find out this info on their website for several more months.

I've said this before, but this is the only place I've ever lived where the local newspaper did NOT report on the comings and going of the local TV personalities.

I read on wiki that The Doctors is done by Dr. Phil's kids. He's on NBC 40 weekdays at 5. I think he's still on there. My parents watch Judge Judy and like it. However, in recent months, they've been seeing the same shows repeated on a constant basis.

I don't know if anyone saw but, a couple of weeks back, WTXL did an interview (in studio) with a doctor that my mom knows from TMH. She saw that doctor the next day and he was wrapping WTXL for the way they were prepared for their news (actually, how unprepared they were for everything). Don't know if he'll go back there for an interview again.

What does everyone think of that Marco guy on the weekends?

I'd like to see Mike Post on here again too, but I wouldn't doubt that his busy work schedule doesn't permit it all the time.

On another note, does anyone on here have channel 27 in HD? I have DirecTv at home and 27 is not HD on there yet.

I have Direct TV as well but, don't have any local channels. I'm still able to get the locals off the antenna. I'll have to ask a couple buddies of mine if they get 27 in HD on Comcast or either Dish or Direct TV.

Archived