Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

does anyone know what happened at roho that required "closed until further notice?"

in other good food news, i am SO GLAD to have:

(1) delicious steamed crab legs right by work at cityfish

(2) delightfully tart and spicy ceviche at shin sushi

(3) darn crispy "snack attack" veggie chips at newly open infusion tea in urban think (and the salads and chili are good, too!)

Edited by slapdash09

does anyone know what happened at roho that required "closed until further notice?"

in other good food news, i am SO GLAD to have:

(1) delicious steamed crab legs right by work at cityfish

(2) delightfully tart and spicy ceviche at shin sushi

(3) darn crispy "snack attack" veggie chips at newly open infusion tea in urban think (and the salads and chili are good, too!)

Those veggie chips are great. They sell them at the Harmony (i?) farmers market here in CP also.

Ceviche on Church is AWESOME!!!! i love that place...everyone should try it atleast once.

I think I posted this in the Church Street forum, but I second your enthusiasm. Three weekends in a row so far, and Ceviche is becoming my wife's first choice. At least it would be difficult to get into a rut with the food. And then what is sexier than those dancers? Powerful women who have to be described more as sultry temptresses than as 'hotties'.

Speaking of hotties, on the way to Ceviche last night I was wondering when the rumble between the Dragon Room girls in white and the Mako's Girls in red was going to break out.

Edited by Boomer136

I think I posted this in the Church Street forum, but I second your enthusiasm. Three weekends in a row so far, and Ceviche is becoming my wife's first choice. At least it would be difficult to get into a rut with the food. And then what is sexier than those dancers? Powerful women who have to be described more as sultry temptresses than as 'hotties'.

Speaking of hotties, on the way to Ceviche last night I was wondering when the rumble between the Dragon Room girls in white and the Mako's Girls in red was going to break out.

i have heard a rumor that ceviche is on its way out, as is graze in thorton park. anyone else hear this?

Not yet, I am not sure about Graze, but I doubt Ceviche is on its way out already. Give it time, the owners have money so they should last at least a year.
I sure hope they last. Downtown is so in need of some different culinary options rather than the same old thing. I think Ceviche gives us that option. One thing I think would help them would be to do some advertiisng to pull in some folks from the burbs and not just rely on the downtown crowd and word of mouth.

I sure hope they last. Downtown is so in need of some different culinary options rather than the same old thing. I think Ceviche gives us that option. One thing I think would help them would be to do some advertiisng to pull in some folks from the burbs and not just rely on the downtown crowd and word of mouth.

What really would have helped would have been Kuhn NOT kicking out a draw (the Comedy Zone) and replacing it with an empty space, two really if you count Two Jays. I hate seeing anything destroyed and then not replacing it. Short-sighted, greed driven, foolishness. That space was perfect as a Comedy Club.

Thank God Bob Snow is back. Cheyenne opening back up will help. East of the RR tracks has taken over what CCS used to be, sort of. 55 West is quite a little gulf. Nice to see someone has deployed a few security guys around the ATM to disuade the pan-handlers.

Friday at Ceviche was kicking. Perhaps some parking opening up under I-4 again would help as well, for both them and Bliss (which I actually went to on an off nite when I was dressed up enough to be let in after a holiday soiree). Tonight crews were finishing the pressure washing of the sidewalks. Along with the re-painting Church Street is regaining some of its former self.

What really would have helped would have been Kuhn NOT kicking out a draw (the Comedy Zone) and replacing it with an empty space, two really if you count Two Jays. I hate seeing anything destroyed and then not replacing it. Short-sighted, greed driven, foolishness. That space was perfect as a Comedy Club.

Thank God Bob Snow is back. Cheyenne opening back up will help. East of the RR tracks has taken over what CCS used to be, sort of. 55 West is quite a little gulf. Nice to see someone has deployed a few security guys around the ATM to disuade the pan-handlers.

Friday at Ceviche was kicking. Perhaps some parking opening up under I-4 again would help as well, for both them and Bliss (which I actually went to on an off nite when I was dressed up enough to be let in after a holiday soiree). Tonight crews were finishing the pressure washing of the sidewalks. Along with the re-painting Church Street is regaining some of its former self.Thanks for the update. I don't get downtown enough to see the daily changes and happenings so 1st hand knowlege is always appreciated.

Friday at Ceviche was kicking. Perhaps some parking opening up under I-4 again would help as well, for both them and Bliss (which I actually went to on an off nite when I was dressed up enough to be let in after a holiday soiree). Tonight crews were finishing the pressure washing of the sidewalks. Along with the re-painting Church Street is regaining some of its former self.

Edited by Theflytyr

Glad to hear people miss us ( The Comedy Zone)

We are currently looking for a new venue to do some shows. If anyone knows of a venue that is looking to add a night or more of comedy please let us know! Or if you or someone you know is interested in opening a venue...we will be happy to help!

Joel Pace

Heffron Talent International

"The Comedy Zone" Comedy Clubs

224 Westinghouse Blvd.

Suite 605

Charlotte, NC 28273

704.295.4242 Office

704.295.7572 Fax

www.heffrontalent.com

[email protected]

Edited by comedypace

We are currently looking for a new venue to do some shows. If anyone knows of a venue that is looking to add a night or more of comedy please let us know! Or if you or someone you know is interested in opening a venue...will will be happy to help!

Joel Pace

224 Westinghouse Blvd.

Suite 605

Charlotte, NC 28273

704.295.4242 Office

704.295.7572 Fax

www.heffrontalent.com

[email protected]

i just read an article that the city arts factory on orange ave has an 8000 sq foot space for performers....not sure what kind of space you need tho.

i just read an article that the city arts factory on orange ave has an 8000 sq foot space for performers....not sure what kind of space you need tho.

That space is good for stand-up, really almost all that can go in there, unless you talk about chamber music ensembles, single or pas de deux dance and the like. Stage is a postage stamp. They have a sound system in place, as well as a lighting rig. No level difference between stage and house floor. They do have a bar area, though.

The comedy club that was there was the Orlando Improv run by Funny Bones. It was not a Comedy Zone. The Comedy Zone in Orlando CMIIW used to be inside the Holiday Inn on International Drive (2 drink minimum). Bad acoustics and lighting, but a fun time regardless.

ah, I apologize, I was wrong in that. I used to play in a Top 40 cover/dance band that did the Holiday Inn circuit when there was one. All of the lounges had bad acoustics and lighting. Ah the memories of the stale smoke and beer smell cooking of the carpet covered PA in the back of my van in the Florida sun.

I did hit the Orlando Improv web site, it talked about a temporary closing with exhortations to come back to the site for re-opening details. Is that just so much wishful thinking, or a real possibility does anyone think/know?

Bad news guys... if any of you like Il Gelatone in Thornton Park; Sunday will be your last opportunity for a delicious cup of gelatto or an affogatto with Segafreddo espresso. Then there's their paninis I will miss! I for one am going to miss them, as they're such a nice change for the norm and their product is SO good. Swing by and give them your farewell! I'm going to be buying a few pints before Sunday!

As for ROHO, anyone else heard anything? Swung through downtown to go there in the first place to be disappointed to find them closed!

Also, what's this? Infusion added a shop inside Urban Think?! Awesome!

Bad news guys... if any of you like Il Gelatone in Thornton Park; Sunday will be your last opportunity for a delicious cup of gelatto or an affogatto with Segafreddo espresso. Then there's their paninis I will miss! I for one am going to miss them, as they're such a nice change for the norm and their product is SO good. Swing by and give them your farewell! I'm going to be buying a few pints before Sunday!

As for ROHO, anyone else heard anything? Swung through downtown to go there in the first place to be disappointed to find them closed!

Also, what's this? Infusion added a shop inside Urban Think?! Awesome!

uh why is il gelatone closing?

i hope they relocate somewhere where rent isn't astronomical maybe. . . any word on that?

wow . . . this is the saddest news of my day. the lady at gelatone makes the best paninis with extreme attention to detail, and she is so nice! and they just introduced the frozen yogurt . . . i don't get it. their paninis are five-times better than those at armoa. god, if i didn't have plans at the celt for lunch today, i would definitely be there. this might be worth venturing there on my day off tomorrow just to tell them goodbye. :-(

uh why is il gelatone closing?

i hope they relocate somewhere where rent isn't astronomical maybe. . . any word on that?

Rent is one reason... business went down when the parking garage rates went up. Apparently Orlandoans don't know how to walk from a few blocks away?

They won't be relocating to a retail location, but instead will be making their gelatto wholesale from down in Kissimmee behing Pacino's (who own Wildside). In the meantime, grab as much as you can! As for their paninis, we're SOL. :(

If they are closing, I wonder if Tijuana Flats will occupy both suites. The 4 n Summerlin seems smaller then the place they are in now.

Yes, Tijuana Flats will be occupying both suites.

wow . . . this is the saddest news of my day. the lady at gelatone makes the best paninis with extreme attention to detail, and she is so nice! and they just introduced the frozen yogurt . . . i don't get it. their paninis are five-times better than those at armoa. god, if i didn't have plans at the celt for lunch today, i would definitely be there. this might be worth venturing there on my day off tomorrow just to tell them goodbye. :-(

Apparently their yogurt recipe is the same as... some other famous yogurt, and Starbucks has invested in it. I've heard about Aroma's paninis and how outrageously expensive they are.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

We are currently looking for a new venue to do some shows. If anyone knows of a venue that is looking to add a night or more of comedy please let us know! Or if you or someone you know is interested in opening a venue...we will be happy to help!

Joel Pace

224 Westinghouse Blvd.

Suite 605

Charlotte, NC 28273

704.295.4242 Office

704.295.7572 Fax

www.heffrontalent.com

[email protected]

If you want to see how a Top Class Comedy Operation is, look to Mark Ridley up in D Town, http://www.comedycastle.com/ An Institution and a hell of a good time.

Can you be a little more descriptive? Type of food, price range, recommended attire?

I'd hate to think that I am going to the BEST Key West restaurant and I show up in my best Hawaiian shirt and sandals to be surprised that everyone in the restaurant is wearing a suit and tie.

Edited by bulldogger

Can you be a little more descriptive? Type of food, price range, recommended attire?

I'd hate to think that I am going to the BEST Key West restaurant and I show up in my best Hawaiian shirt and sandals to be surprised that everyone in the restaurant is wearing a suit and tie.

http://australfusion.com/

i beleive it's a prix fixe menu kind of deal; think along the lines(very loosely) of a texas de brazil, a little more upscale feel though.

i've been once a while ago, and it really didnt do much for me to be honest, and when i saw the cheesy "lunch special from $8.99" sign hanging out front, i figured they were hurting for business.

HOWEVER, i'm going to have to go back some time, i can't deny i've been hearing good things about this place everywhere recently, hopefully they got themselves in order. . .though i DO admit i miss blackfin occupying that space; it's a shame bad management got both blackfins out of business.

anyone been to spice downtown yet? i'd like to try that location, esp the outdoor portion.