Orlando Restaurants & Bars

Chemmie

anyone been to spice downtown yet? i'd like to try that location, esp the outdoor portion.

I have been to spice a couple of times the food has always been good; however, the service has been slow, but the staff has been very accomodating (they are not going to make any profit if they feel the need to comp you for the slow kitchen). Their side salad is wonderful and I like the non-smokey taste of their steaks. They also had a very good dessert selections. The atmosphere is very nice as well. If you are not in any rush, it is a good eat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am amazed at how little the downtown restaurants reach out to the downtown residents. Most condos have counters by their mailboxes that the restaurants could leave menus or frequent eaters discount cards. Metro Pizza used to have a 10% off card. This is minimal marketing expense for them and could generate a stable customer base.

Last night before going to see Kathy Griffin I stopped off at the O'Naturale (1 block west of central and magnolia). I had the Chicken, Buffalo Mozerella, Basil and Tomato Flatbread and it was pretty good. They have great fresh brewed ice tea. It was a nice change of pace. From there I caugh the free Lymmo to the Bob Carr and did not have to worry about fighting for parking with the two events going on last night.

Last night before going to see Kathy Griffin I stopped off at the O'Naturale (1 block west of central and magnolia). I had the Chicken, Buffalo Mozerella, Basil and Tomato Flatbread and it was pretty good. They have great fresh brewed ice tea. It was a nice change of pace.

:stop:

I am amazed at how little the downtown restaurants reach out to the downtown residents. Most condos have counters by their mailboxes that the restaurants could leave menus or frequent eaters discount cards. Metro Pizza used to have a 10% off card. This is minimal marketing expense for them and could generate a stable customer base.

I didnt realize that Spice downtown gives 10% discount to residents of Post Parkside, Paramount, and Waverly. And its 10% off on the entire ticket.

On a down note, it took them 20 minutes for my burger, and the place was dead.

I didnt realize that Spice downtown gives 10% discount to residents of Post Parkside, Paramount, and Waverly. And its 10% off on the entire ticket.

On a down note, it took them 20 minutes for my burger, and the place was dead.

Good to know next time I'm there with one of my friends who lives in the Waverly--- either that, or your server was hitting on you.

went to eat at cityfish in thorton park a couple weeks back and meant to make a post here but just remembered to!

it was on sunday for their brunch, and it was absolutely amazing! i had the poached egg and ham on an english muffin, with red potatoes...it was absoutely delish! and my boyfriend had the french toast w/bananas and strawberrys ... also very very good! our server was absolutely attentive (boston guy) and best of all ... i had bought OJ from the farmers market earlier and had it w/me ... he's like do you want a glass for your OJ? and i thought the restaurant wouldnt even think to allow that...but he did...and i got to enjoy my fresh OJ w/brunch! all very very afforadable too! it was about $10 for each entree!

definitely definitely recommend you guys try out their weekend brunch menu, it was absolutely great!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: two thumbs up!

• 3 weeks later...

a group of us went to Bento Sushi Cafe in the plaza (it just opened up this past wednesday) and it was awesome! great fast casual restaurant with a trendy atmosphere and the pricing was absolutely amazing. i got a chicken katsu bento box for $7 and the deluxe sushi rolls were huge and tasty for around $9! They have a huge menu with soups, rice bowls and lots of other goodies! yum yum! definitely recommend this downtown restaurant :D

a group of us went to Bento Sushi Cafe in the plaza (it just opened up this past wednesday) and it was awesome! great fast casual restaurant with a trendy atmosphere and the pricing was absolutely amazing. i got a chicken katsu bento box for $7 and the deluxe sushi rolls were huge and tasty for around $9! They have a huge menu with soups, rice bowls and lots of other goodies! yum yum! definitely recommend this downtown restaurant :D

I went to Bento Sushi tonight as well and they do have great selection and low prices. The sweet and sour chicken is VERY good. The Bento Boxes come with a substantial portion of meat, salad, low mein, rice, vegetable and a little piece of cake for $7. The california roll was $5.95. The food was on par to Seito's for half the price. I would prefer that they take your order at the table than at the counter, but none the less the staff was very friendly. Thanks for the recommendation--I will be back often.

I went to Bento Sushi tonight as well and they do have great selection and low prices. The sweet and sour chicken is VERY good. The Bento Boxes come with a substantial portion of meat, salad, low mein, rice, vegetable and a little piece of cake for $7. The california roll was $5.95. The food was on par to Seito's for half the price. I would prefer that they take your order at the table than at the counter, but none the less the staff was very friendly. Thanks for the recommendation--I will be back often.

yea im with you on the order at table rather then counter...but it works for downtown...once that plaza area gets super busy..that will be ideal for the restaurant to get the customers in/out the fastest, its just like how pei wei works

glad you liked it :) if anyone wasn't aware this restaurant is the 3rd of 2 gville based restaurants .... very popular with the UF students

dessert lady downtown is also VERY good. . .the place looks incredible inside, and boy was it PACKED on friday night

looks like ceviche is next on the list to try downtown :P

+1 ... love dessert lady :) that place was getting some great business...great staff, very friendly and love the atmosphere

as a side note...as packed as that place was...i took a peek into brick & fire right behind dessert lady...and the place maybe had 2 tables of 2 people eating... something is going wrong there...

Edited by surina777

+1 ... love dessert lady :) that place was getting some great business...great staff, very friendly and love the atmosphere

as a side note...as packed as that place was...i took a peek into brick & fire right behind dessert lady...and the place maybe had 2 tables of 2 people eating... something is going wrong there...

didn't you say it was $20 pizza?? That's wrong right there.

yea im with you on the order at table rather then counter...but it works for downtown...once that plaza area gets super busy..that will be ideal for the restaurant to get the customers in/out the fastest, its just like how pei wei works

glad you liked it :) if anyone wasn't aware this restaurant is the 3rd of 2 gville based restaurants .... very popular with the UF students

Can anyone provide the address? I have no clue where this is, and would love to try it. Thanks!

Thank you for the directions, would anyone know the actual address for my GPS? Thanks again in advance. All these reviews are getting me curious. I like Sushi Katana out in Millenia, but this place sounds great for the price!

this is all i could find...

151 South Orange Ave

(between CHURCH & PINE)

their website is not updated w/the orlando location yet...

bentocafesushi.com

i hope you like it!