Other cities scope out Greenville

gs3

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two much larger cities are planning to send delegations to "study" Greenville in the fall. :thumbsup::thumbsup: It will be announced later this summer who the two cities are. It'll probably be in the Journal. Keep your eyes and ears open.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a nice insert from the Chamber of Commerce in today's Greenville News which has an article called, "Greenville Plays Host to Outside City Leaders." It is a pleasant write-up about some of the many recent visits by delegations from various cities around the eastern U.S. and even one from our sister city in China. Here is the article's closing sentence:

"In the end, it is an enormous compliment to Greenville's community leaders and the community, as a whole, for the goals already met and the visions of tomorrow."

• 1 month later...

Wow! This town from Kentucky had some glowing things to say about Greenville. Nice article. A few errors.....like "Michelin has a large plant", not "Michelin has its North American Headquarters and multiple factories". Anyway, good read.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localnews/..._306093716.html

Eh, more of an omission of totality than an error. The biggest single employee site for Michelin is their plant in the southern part of the county.

What stream that was once covered as a storm drain and has now been uncovered is the article talking about?

• 2 weeks later...

Good article from the Decatur, Alabama newspaper about downtown Greenville. Main focus is on the trees.......the difference before and after the plantings several years ago. Very complimentary article. God read. :thumbsup:

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/n.../greening.shtml

I didn't have a chance to read the article yesterday, but when I tried to follow the link above this morning, it wouldn't work for me. I went to the home page and guess what was the headline story? Yes, this one! lol This one was posted today, so there may be updates to the one yesterday - I noticed that the trees are not even close to being the main focus in this article. Very, very nice and enjoyable read!

Here is the link to today's version of the article from DecatureDaily.com.

Here they are:

"Arts school boosts downtown, economy" :thumbsup: (Great article on the influence of the SC Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities and the prominence of arts and culture in Greenville.

"Who cares about Greenville?" - a bit of insight into the reason for the articles. I thought this one sounded like a good parallel between Decatur-Hunstville and Spartanburg's relation to Greenville.

Archived