The Watering Hole

Speaking of police, anyone had problems recently with kids blowing up mailboxes? One tried to hit mine last night, but I saw him and set forth a profanity-laced tirade that sent them scurrying back into the car. I felt like an old man. Darn whippersnappers. <_<

my inlaws had theirs blown up a week or so ago.

Newsflash

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Newsflash

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

:lol: nice work rizzo. A+

Newsflash

quitstealingletterspt7.jpg

Keeping cool when it's a high heat index out: any secrets?

I found myself at a *.Mart yesterday studying the mist-making hand-held pump thingies. Feeling bad for my roommates in their fur coats.

Veloise -

Do you have cats or are your roomates eccentric people who enjoy being warm?

My neighbor shaved her cat to the down to the skin.

Edited by john_denver

We lost power some time last night and it's still out as of this morning. Consumersenergy.com estimates power on by the 20th at 10pm. Awesome.

I got the same message when I called in my power loss (Fuller Fulton area). My work buddy who lives in Eastowne closer to EGR also lost power and had the same restoration estimate.

On a positive note I did see a Consumers Energy truck in the neighborhood on my way to work.

So how many people lost power last night? Then again, if you do not have power you may not be able to read this.

No power outage in my neck of the 'burbs, but quite the light show! Hardly any wind, mostly rain, lightning and thunder boomers. Didn't see any debris on my treck into work from Wyoming to Kentwood.

My work on the other hand... ;)

We had a tower go down up in Mt. Pleasant. We a lost a few routers from lightning strikes in the Marne area. Makes for a long day in the telecom field.

Also, have the reginal PD/FD scanner going online. Sounds like our boys and girls in blue and red are quite busy today. Currently there's a transformer fire @ the Post Office on Walker, near Leonard and Bristol.

It was funny how my roommate and I were lighting candles in anticipation of losing power and then wham, no power.

I thought for sure a tornado was going to spring up with the sudden change in temperature and the clouds changing directions every 1/2 hour.

I stood outside for quite a while in awe of the lightning.

I love a good storm.

i was playing ambience out of my pc as it rolled thru, the music complimented the storm nicely as it rolled through. Apparently as of last night every road leading to my house was blocked by a tree. My sister had to go through somebody's front yard to get home. The lumberyard in Wayland also caught fire. We never lost power though.

Veloise -

Do you have cats or are your roomates eccentric people who enjoy being warm?

My neighbor shaved her cat to the down to the skin.

They are four-legged eccentric people! Sensible enough to realize that a hassock fan is something to sprawl out near, but not capable of figuring out that the windowsill temp is about 20 degrees cooler than the couch.

The one has gotten real snuggly since this recent heat spell began. Does this make sense -- cozy up next to your human becaue it's hot out?!?

Oh, and they like ice cubes in their water dishes. Fun to play with!