The Watering Hole

In an effort to preserve bandwith and help pages download faster, when replying to a post that has an image in it, manually go up to the other person's quoted portion in your reply and DELETE out the image. That way the picture doesn't get copied and posted again, and again, and again.... :P

This is not in reference to the above posts, but other posts in other threads.

In an effort to preserve bandwith and help pages download faster, when replying to a post that has an image in it, manually go up to the other person's quoted portion in your reply and DELETE out the image. That way the picture doesn't get copied and posted again, and again, and again.... :P

This is not in reference to the above posts, but other posts in other threads.

Thank you for this reminder. It drives me NUTS when people quote pictures :)

Ha, I just grabed a 5 dollar pizza and left. I was more in a rush then anything and realised that was your place of work. I'll stop by this weekend or later for the special friends discount. :) You'll notice me because I'm the tall friggin leprechaun.

Edited by Rizzo

Ha, I just grabed a 5 dollar pizza and left. I was more in a rush then anything and realised that was your place of work. I'll stop by this weekend or later for the special friends discount. :) You'll notice me because I'm the tall friggin leprechaun.

You want a discount on a $5 pizza?? For shame! :D

I kid! Although, not having to reach into my back pocket and open up my wallet, grab the five dollar bill and hand it over makes me giddy. The friends of fellow food service workers discount goes with a secret hand shake and we all are good. We void the reciept and give eachother free rides -- it keeps our industry going. Remember, stealing from your company is illegal!

Speaking of books, has anyone seen the new Weird Michigan book out at stores now? I flipped through one at the store and thought it looked excellent!

My girlfriend and I will be producing a film documentary on ghost sightings in and around Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Charlotte. I think some of my favorite ghost stories come from the Phone building and the Godfrey-Lee neighborhood. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone around hear admitting to UFO sightings.

http://www.weirdmichigan.com/hauntings.html

Edited by Rizzo

Hey again guys,

It looks like my mom and I have had a change of plans for our Grand Rapids visit. Before we were just going to go there for one day and do everything and bring my book to do as much exploring as possible but instead we are staying at Amway, this way we will get more time to do stuff.

Even better! :thumbsup:

Speaking of books, has anyone seen the new Weird Michigan book out at stores now? I flipped through one at the store and thought it looked excellent!

Just bought the book! It's great, lots of interesting stories and odd history. The book is very similar to the Mystic Michigan series by Mark Jager. Weird Michigan however, adds a personal touch to each of the stories by visiting the actual sites. I recommend it, your kiddos would love it too!

Hey again guys,

It looks like my mom and I have had a change of plans for our Grand Rapids visit. Before we were just going to go there for one day and do everything and bring my book to do as much exploring as possible but instead we are staying at Amway, this way we will get more time to do stuff.

Zach, please tell Mom about the free concert at Rosa Parks Circle on Weds night. Starts 6:30 pm. (You can leave your car in the ramp and walk over; it's about 50 steps from the AGP bellhop boys.) Country music, like on WWWW, but the people-watching is the real show.

For pics, check out the Blues on the Mall thread in our Coffeehouse section.