The Watering Hole

I just got a job with Host Marriot. Yes after four years, I've moved on from Arby's. If you're going thru an airport concourse, and you stop and get a burger or a beer or a frappucino, there is a good chance, that HMS owns the restaurant. I work in Sky Harbor PHX, but the great thing about HMS is that they own the concourses in GRR, so I can very possibly transfer home in a few months. When I get home, we're all havin a meet up and Im buying the whole lot of you a round! Unless you're to young and then you get a coke.

I just got a job with Host Marriot. Yes after four years, I've moved on from Arby's. If you're going thru an airport concourse, and you stop and get a burger or a beer or a frappucino, there is a good chance, that HMS owns the restaurant. I work in Sky Harbor PHX, but the great thing about HMS is that they own the concourses in GRR, so I can very possibly transfer home in a few months. When I get home, we're all havin a meet up and Im buying the whole lot of you a round! Unless you're to young and then you get a coke.

Congratulations Matt! I'm there.

I wish that I would be able to find inexpensive air conditioned suits. This heat and humidity is killing me. I am about to leave for a court case, I am just hope that they have the court room AC so high that it creates icicles on the walls.

I wish that I would be able to find inexpensive air conditioned suits. This heat and humidity is killing me. I am about to leave for a court case, I am just hope that they have the court room AC so high that it creates icicles on the walls.

[puts on fabric-holic hat]

They make 'em. Loosely-woven cotton blends, sometimes with linen. (Watch the content because that stuff wrinkles like crazy, and looks worse than being drenched with sweat.) You can also sometimes find lightweight wool for warmer weather.

Perhaps a retailer who's based in a big city in Texas or Florida or Louisiana.

Or try the khakis and sport coat look. You're a planner, not an attorney!

HTH

Snip

Or try the khakis and sport coat look. You're a planner, not an attorney!

HTH

I would have loved to, however this case finally went before the judge and with two attorneys and the defendant, it was important that I looked professional as a representative of the city.

It was not too bad. The A/C was not turned up, and they shut it down at 4 and the case did not end till 5.

It's all about the Seersucker Suits! :D When I lived in Georgia that was the only thing that most of the bankers and attorneys wore. Ugly as sin but very comfortable to wear.

I would have loved to, however this case finally went before the judge and with two attorneys and the defendant, it was important that I looked professional as a representative of the city.

It was not too bad. The A/C was not turned up, and they shut it down at 4 and the case did not end till 5.

Think Mark Twain, Garrison Keillor. They look(ed) professional in light-colored suits. You don't have to buy them at Ho's R Us All Suits $19.95!

[Here we see the advantage of being female. The summer times I've gone to court, I waltz in wearing a rayon tank dress. Add a light jacket, do the presentation. On the way out, off come the I'm Important jewelry and accessories (scarves).]

Went to the Found Magazine Cavalcade of Thrills this weekend at Wealthy Theatre. It was fun - the magazine's founder Davey Rothbart, read from his favorite "found" items (notes, lists, letters, etc) that people have sent him for the magazine. He's from Ann Arbor (there's the Michigan connection), currently on a 38 city tour, and has also been on NPR's this American Life. Check out the mag or his readings if he comes back through GR in the future!

I'm back, married and all!

Just wanted to say hello, anyone want to fill me in quickly on what happend in the last week and a half? Besides the fact that Grand Rapids seems to be in some sort of competition to see how many shootings we can have in one week :angry: . 16 shots less than a block away does NOT make the wife and I sleep easy...