SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that Furman is planning a development where Phase II of The Tremont would have gone (Phase I is still getting built as announced). This would be at the corner of Tremont and Euclid where there are three houses and an old aparment building stands. Per the rezoning application, Furman apparantly will renovate apartment building and one of the houses, and build a new 4-story condo building. It's nice to see him mix new with old.

Wasn't sure where to put this but the City will be hosting a meeting about the pedestrian connections between SouthEnd and Center City:

The South End Pedestrian Connections Study is an effort by city staff to evaluate connections across the I-277 corridor between Uptown and South End to determine which improvements would be most appropriate. In addition, connections to the South Corridor Light Rail Transit trail are being studied.

The public is invited to share comments and feedback about the South End Pedestrian Connections Study at an open house:

Tuesday, May 15

Did anyone drive past the new Chick Fil A on South Blvd this morning?? The entire parking lot is filled with tents and the banner says "1 Day to Opening." Are people seriously camping out at a Chick Fil A? Do they get golden chicken biscuits for being the first patrons at the store? That whole scene looked crazy, if anyone can explain this, please help me understand. :blink:

Did anyone drive past the new Chick Fil A on South Blvd this morning?? The entire parking lot is filled with tents and the banner says "1 Day to Opening." Are people seriously camping out at a Chick Fil A? Do they get golden chicken biscuits for being the first patrons at the store? That whole scene looked crazy, if anyone can explain this, please help me understand. :blink:

I believe the typical Chic-Fil-A deal is that the first 100 customers get "free Chic-Fil-A for a year", which really equates to one free meal a week....I would think that the cost of gas going from one grand opening to the next would offset in savings in food, but I guess there is a void in many people that needs to be filled after the passing of Jerry Garcia.

I believe the typical Chic-Fil-A deal is that the first 100 customers get "free Chic-Fil-A for a year", which really equates to one free meal a week....I would think that the cost of gas going from one grand opening to the next would offset in savings in food, but I guess there is a void in many people that needs to be filled after the passing of Jerry Garcia.

When I lived in Charleston and Chic Fil A branches opened, there were always tents out front to win free chicken for a year. I really don't understand the attraction but they have a very loyal following. I am sure this new location will create the same annoying traffic backups spilling out into the road for drive thru that the Woodlawn and Randolph locations cause weekly :angry:

It is GIGANTOR and belongs in Pineville not in the supposed "TOD" zone but I was not that surprised. It's another example of BS from the city, they talk about enforcing urban density standards for designated areas and then fail to back it up just like the football size lot at the new Bo's in Midtown. I am sure people in 3030 South are thrilled to be overlooking a prime spot for late night noisy loitering.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just realizing something this morning, looking at this area.

In the west, and the midwest farm country, you drive through miles of scrub and prairie. Then you come to a town. You drive "right up to it". You can sense where that limiting grid of sewer and electricity is.

The urbanization of south end and along the rail corridor is like that. Only that the suburban 1/4 lots are the prairie, relatively speaking.

That building turned out a lot better than I expected, very out of the box for charlotte, but still stays within the bounds of the charlotte conservatives.

They've applied to take down a few more buildings on Dunavant and also the Welder's Supply and an adjacent building on South Blvd......this would allow them to connect Iverson Way all the way through to Dunavant....I really really hope that's what Greenhawk has in mind, and that the city and CATS would approve it.

Archived