SouthEnd Projects

atlrvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stretch of South from Scaleybark to Tremont will be unrecognizable in a couple years. The projects along that corridor are staggering. Of course, some might fail (why is it taking so long to do the Bonded Distribution and the old asphalt plant projects?), but all told, we have the Scaleybark urban village, 3030 South (final phases), Chic-fil-a at the Cupboard site, Bonded Distribution site, the asphalt plant site behind that, the BlueSky project, the Greenhawk project, the project they are doing the asbestos abatement on next to Autobell, the Lowes and Southborough projects, and then the projects on the Atherton site, Fergusson site, and Tremont sites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is GREAT news. Any connectivity geek just looks at that section and shakes their heads. There is such a decent grid alignment on both sides of the tracks, it is so crazy to have no connections outside of the thoroughfares. With Iverson getting a traffic signal, it makes even more sense to cross it with a street. Then, with Greenhawk pretty much asking CATS to build a privately-funded station to help the Dunavant-Iverson area become TOD, it makes even more sense. With Scaleybark becoming the psychological southern edge of the new urban area that no one knows what to call south of South End (maybe 'South South End' :) ), it is great to see connectivity improving in the otherwise decent grid. Poindexter was approved (supposedly) for crossing the tracks as part of the Citiline rezoning at the old asphalt plant. Then if Iverson can get extended across the tracks for Greenhawk, we'd really have a nice grid with many options for getting around the new neighborhoods.

I wouldn't bet on the shell building being LEED certified.

The interior upfits may well be LEED interiors; however the shell has been designed and permitted

the drawings would have to take a revision.

I know they want to make it LEED but that may not happen.

New cafe/lounge in Southend: The brick two-story home on Tryon Street between Park Ave and Kingston (beside the Park Avenue Plaza project) is going to be transformed, updated, and made into a coffee shop/wine bar with a huge brick patio and outdoor courtyard. Supposed to have firepits, and set up for live music. The plans I saw will remove the existing windows, replace them with modern single pane windows, add double glass doors to the front, gut the entire inside to leave a wide open lower level, front porch will be used for outdoor seating as well as the patio between the house and the street. Parking for the project, for now, will be behind the building and in the vacant lot beside it.

Coffee and desserts, wine (both expensive and inexpensive, I was told "this isn't supposed to price anyone out and the dress code is very casual), light apps and food (no large kitchen -- not supposed to be a restaurant).

Time frame sometime late summer.

Have they started doing anything on that Park Avenue Plaza building, seems like that ones been out there for a while? Is it still getting built?

Also, does anyone know if theres anything planned for that vacant lot across the street - across from Phat Burrito?

New cafe/lounge in Southend: The brick two-story home on Tryon Street between Park Ave and Kingston (beside the Park Avenue Plaza project) is going to be transformed, updated, and made into a coffee shop/wine bar with a huge brick patio and outdoor courtyard.

Ooooh.....I like the sound of that mid-rise. It's a shame that the Trolley won't be stopping at Park Ave. anymore. The little intersection will have so much energy. I just want something to happen with the old A&P building. That would be a perfect farmers market.

Ooooh.....I like the sound of that mid-rise. It's a shame that the Trolley won't be stopping at Park Ave. anymore. The little intersection will have so much energy. I just want something to happen with the old A&P building. That would be a perfect farmers market.

Archived