Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

Friday, December 29, 2006:

336359440_9214fb01eb.jpg

My apologies if this seems too similar to one previously posted by NYT. I was testing the aperture and exposure settings on my new lens and playing with depth of field. I thought this turned out pretty well, considering the time of day and the position of the sun.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, December 29, 2006:

336359440_9214fb01eb.jpg

My apologies if this seems too similar to one previously posted by NYT. I was testing the aperture and exposure settings on my new lens and playing with depth of field. I thought this turned out pretty well, considering the time of day and the position of the sun.

You're using us as test subjects? :lol: Well, as the lab rat, BEAUTIFUL PHOTO!

That is part of Downtown Greenville, as seen from what appears to be the Church Street bridge. The round building in the center is the SunTrust building, which also houses other major companies. The parking lot in the foreground is one of many that are free for public parking after 6:00 PM.

Very nice shot, RT! Your new wide-angle lens sure has been producing some quality work lately. :shades:

I like that! What's that a picture of?

Greenville skyline seen from the Church Street Bridge somewhere between McBee and Coffee.

Very nice shot, RT! Your new wide-angle lens sure has been producing some quality work lately. :shades:

Thanks, Skyliner! I'm still trying to find that "sweet spot" though. I think I may have found it last night, but that's a photo to post later. :lol:

Not sure this is really POTD worthy, but I love looking at the trees down Main in the middle of winter when there are no leaves. This always heightens that "Northern European" feel to me. Even with no leaves, the branches have grown together and formed a canopy.

DSC00867.jpg

Edited by gsupstate

Friday:

The old Augusta Street Post Office at Historic Lewis Plaza, now Salsarita's. Another good adaptive reuse project:

100_2652.jpg

I'm really not trying to be a sentimentalist but I really wish that could have stayed a post office. That used to be the main post office I would use when I was younger. The architecture is perfect of a place like a post office and made you feel you were going in for an old fashioned post office experience.

The old Zaxby'd building was interesting but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a mansion. It sort of reminded me of one of those eating places at Six Flags or Carowinds. It was kind of fun to go in their but it was pretty run down. If they would have kept it they it might have needed a seriously remodeling at least on the infastructure side of things. It could have kept that "old house" look but I guess Zaxby's corporate needs a consistant look and I can understand that as someone who work with branding issues.