Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

Greenville's "THE EDGE OF NIGHT". Fantastic shot! ......

Also, I've been enjoying the "skyline" post debates. Indeed, Columbia's is more dense than Greenville's...Greenville's skyline looks best (IMO) when shown with the mountain ranges in the backdrop or looking up at the buildings from Reedy Falls...I imagine Greenville has more trees (& forest) than Columbia?

I have been and stayed in Columbia many times & loved seeing its skyline coming back into town from Metro Airport & crossing a wild, rocky and rushing Congaree river...

Edited by Zahc

Greenville's "THE EDGE OF NIGHT". Fantastic shot! ......

Also, I've been enjoying the "skyline" post debates. Indeed, Columbia's is more dense than Greenville's...Greenville's skyline looks best (IMO) when shown with the mountain ranges in the backdrop or looking up at the buildings from Reedy Falls...I imagine Greenville has more trees (& forest) than Columbia?

I have been and stayed in Columbia many times & loved seeing its skyline coming back into town from Metro Airport & crossing a wild, rocky and rushing Congaree river...

Both cities' green canopies are awesome. They are both very green cities.

I just read that last night! Someone gave that as a gift to my wife and I for our son who is to be born hopefully by the 22nd.

Congratulations, Chickenwing! That's awesome! :yahoo:

"Goodnight Moon" was the story we read to our daughter every night for over two years after she was born. We're doing the same with our son now, too. It's a great story. I practically recite it now, rather than read it.

It's the Shaw Rose Garden, which is located in the middle of the clover leaf as you exit off of Church Street onto Camperdown Way. The garden is across the exit ramp from the Greenville County Shcool Board Offices, yes indeed.

Belk/Shaw, thanks, couldn't remember the name of it, and it's a very nice location to see Greenville's downtown.

RestedTraveler,

Your photography is superb. You should submit some of your work to SC goverment site...Your work is as good, if not better than the works I've viewed there...

I may just do that, thanks! :shades:

Here's another:

Friday, 18-AUG-2006:

214423776_08b4637cc6_b.jpg

For more information about this photo, CLICK HERE.

Freshly brewed coffee and RestedTraveler's "Greenville Photo of the Day" is an excellent way to start the day...Thanks. I am so happy it's FRIDAY I could scream! ...just wish it was 5:00 PM PST & not 8:08 AM...We're driving up the Coast, Hwy 1, to spend the weekend in a resort town in the woods on the Russian River called Guerneville (sp?) in Sonoma County ...

Edited by Zahc