Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff guys!

Sorry I've been laying low again. I've got a whole lot of things happening right now.

RT, your Riverplace photo reminds me, did you run the 5k? Did you meet your goal?

No worries. I've got my camera back and can throw a photo in there every now and then.

As for the Downtown 5K, I fear my $25 was wasted this year. I overslept and missed the start of the race, but I got up and went downtown just in time to catch the last runners/walkers crossing the finish line, so I took some photos while I was there. The Reedy River 5K (and 10K, but I'm not going to attempt that) Run is coming up in March. I'll try to wake up this time. :blush:

P.S. Nikon just slashed $100 off of the price of the D50 and D50 Kits ((D50 + 18-55mm) and (D50 + 18-55mm + 55-200mm)). I had my sights on the Canon Rebel XT, too...but this is awfully tempting. :unsure:

Whoops! :blush:

I plan on doing the Reedy River Run 5k in March too. If you need a wake-up call, let me know. :rofl:

P.S. Nikon just slashed $100 off of the price of the D50 and D50 Kits ((D50 + 18-55mm) and (D50 + 18-55mm + 55-200mm)). I had my sights on the Canon Rebel XT, too...but this is awfully tempting. :unsure:

The Nikon is a great camera. If I didn't already have the lenses for the Canon, I'd consider the Nikon. :thumbsup:

Nice one!

I agree about the fountain. That'd be a great spot, if the transit station were moved and torn down, for a residential and or office tower to fill in the gap in the skyline. With that, it could have great potential for a plaza with seating and entertainment of some sort, maybe a unique, classy fountain--not a circular pool with a hose spraying straight up :lol:

I agree RT,

As the development on Main street fills in, the focus will start to shift a block or two off main and start to envelop areas like these which are ripe for the picking. If you look at the street, it is well marked and newly paved, as well as having a bike lane. Gotta love that they've done that! :thumbsup:

PS, I am truly imressed by the low level of noise that you get when taking night-time shots with your camera. I would have guessed that you had much more camera than a point & shoot. :shades:

PS, I am truly imressed by the low level of noise that you get when taking night-time shots with your camera. I would have guessed that you had much more camera than a point & shoot. :shades:

Must have a fairly large aperture. Does quite well for an amature camera, but I attribute that success to the expertise of the photographer. :thumbsup:

Sorry, NYT. I didn't mean to ignore the comment. :blush: Thanks! :)

Skyliner is right about the aperture range, which is a respectable f2.8 - f8. It's a pretty decent little camera really, but I've got my crosshairs trained on a Digital SLR now! :thumbsup:

I've not had any word on whether Mr. Knickerbocker's or the Baseball Card store will relocate at all, but I could envison both of these in the West End District very easily.

I've not had any word on whether Mr. Knickerbocker's or the Baseball Card store will relocate at all, but I could envison both of these in the West End District very easily.

I have heard that the mall is in the process of moving everyone out, but that it is going to be 8-12 month timeframe. Some of the stores have long term leases from what I understand.

I think Mr. Knickerbocker would be a wonderful addition to downtown, and would be great for Clemson University and the city of Greenville. That is especially true with CU-ICAR and President Barker trying to strengthen the University's relationship with Greenville.

As for the Greenville Baseball Card store, I wonder if it will just stay out of business permanently. It seems like baseball card stores are harder and harder to own, now that the internet has made it easy for people to buy collectibles online (and often, for much cheaper prices than in a store). When I collected cards growing up, I remember being impressed with GBC's selection but rarely willing to pay their high prices. Perhaps some of the markup was used to pay for their GNC look-alike sign. :lol:

Yes - that's the walkway along the North Side of John E. Johns Hall at Furman.

Great! :yahoo: I am looking forward to seeing how those turn out! :thumbsup: If I can get my butt in gear and get the tax returns finished this weekend, I'm going to drop some clams on the Nikon D50 + 18mm-55mm + 55mm-200mm kit as soon as the refund is deposited. :) It's time to pick up some mad photography skills... :silly: