Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

Nice Photos RT,

I especially like the lighting in the Greenridge shot.

I plan on getting out this weekend to get some photos. I haven't been out and about in at least a month.

Maybe I can give you a bit of a break, your back must hurt from carrying this thread. :shades:

Thanks, NYT! That Greenridge photo is actually one of my personal favorites.

I'm sending my camera off to Hauppage, NY to Olympus for service this weekend, so it would be awesome if you could provide us with some visual relief. My back's fine, but my legs sure are sore. :lol:

Thanks, NYT! That Greenridge photo is actually one of my personal favorites.

I'm sending my camera off to Hauppage, NY to Olympus for service this weekend, so it would be awesome if you could provide us with some visual relief. My back's fine, but my legs sure are sore. :lol:

While they're at it you should have them replace the shutter. No doubt you've snapped nearly a shutter's lifespan of photos by now! :D

Saturday, January 7, 2006:

Troops! You must take that hill! Do not surrender your ground! Mount a charge on their position and DO NOT look back until you have conquered the enemy!!!

83389711_eda06e2283_b.jpg

Younglings charge up the hill in the Main Garden at Falls Park on the Reedy River in Beautiful Downtown Greenville, South Carolina, USA ... only to roll back down again ... while the elderlings look on in delight knowing that energy is being spent.

Sunday, January 8, 2006:

Just Imagine...

83630980_a72fdc2c57_b.jpg

Looking North on South Main Street from in front of Rocks and Ropes in Beautiful Downtown Greenville, South Carolina, USA, one can easily imagine what the Historic West End District will be like in just a few short years, filled with small botiques, locally-owned restaurants, and art studios and galleries. The new West End Ballpark has already sparked a number of smaller redevelopment projects in the area, which is now teeming with new life.

This might sound crazy, but for a second I thought that picture was of Wisconsin Avenue going toward M Street in Washington, DC. It looks so dense and busy, with a lot of nice 2 and 3 story buildings, much like that stretch of Wisconsin Avenue does in DC. Wow...

My apologies to those who have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

I can see it RT!

I walked through there yesterday and just imagined what it was like many years ago and what it will be like a few years from now. :wub:

It once was and will be again a very vibrant part of Greenville!

I have to say I love the pictures you guys are posting...believe me, many people are looking and you are presenting your city with pride.

Great work! :)

Thanks, JayHass!

This might sound crazy, but for a second I thought that picture was of Wisconsin Avenue going toward M Street in Washington, DC. It looks so dense and busy, with a lot of nice 2 and 3 story buildings, much like that stretch of Wisconsin Avenue does in DC. Wow...

I follow you, Greenville! :-) Although we don't have Georgetown, you've now got me wondering if we can have horse-drawn taxis on the Reedy... :lol:

Sunday, January 8, 2006:

Just Imagine...

83630980_a72fdc2c57_b.jpg

This is a great photo RT! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like that you captured the streetlights that hang on the four wires over the center of the street. These type of lights are rare in the US, but give such a European flair (Prague comes to mind). I was glad to see Greenville add this detail. I would like to see these over streets throughout West End.

^ Great photo NYT! :thumbsup: Is this the side of Sobys? Where is this?

Thanks gsupstate. Its the Rocks & Ropes building taken from the RR track side.

GREAT shot, NYT! That's certainly timely, given the discussion in the other thread. :lol:

RT, its a bit scary how you & I think alike sometimes. :shades:

I didn't know that thread was started. I was going to start that same thread today. I will add the pictures I took just for that purpose to your thread.

Awesome photos, NYT! Just for the record and to give credit where credit is due, this is GvilleSC's awesome thread. :shades:

I love this topic and these sweet photos you've provided really give perspective to the topic for any outsiders that may be wondering what the heck we're rambling on about. :lol:

Edited by RestedTraveler

I'm not yet familiar enough with DC to know what you're talking about. But I spent New Year's there and fell in love with the city all over again. :wub: Our city's would be blessed to have a quarter of the urbanity DC has.

OK, I'm through with my DC Lovefest. ;)