Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

Hey look, Orlando really does have culture and arts after all! ;)

It's good to see the news spreading outside of our local papers and media. The light has been cast, time to shine!

Miami Herald

Nice find on your part and thanks for sharing this. I am excited about the prospects and oppurtunities for this town, and believe in the people behind this movement. The next few years should be real exciting on the entertainment front!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Her points make sense ...

Yes, some of them do.

Some are just provocative however...CSX had 8 deaths so far this year? Hmm, compared to who? I would consider the Germans to have an excellent safety record in regard to trains and they seem to have a major accident every year or so with that many deaths...

Meanwhile 20k have died on our highways so far this year.

Wiki of train accidents

I'm willing to bet she never provides any realistic proposals to fund her assertion below...

In an effort to provide passenger intercity rail, I am working with Amtrak to develop a rail plan for the entire state, beginning with the I-4 corridor.

If it cost 1 billion to make Orlando's starter system work, then what will it cost to join it to Tampa, Lakeland, Jacksonville, and Miami?

she's combining terms wrongly. commuter rail is just for the metro. her talks with Amtrak have nothing to do with Orlando commuters... only in providing rail between major metros...

apples and oranges. wasn't one proposal to just buy the track and let CSX build the ILC and do improvements on it's own dime? if CSX builds the ILC anyway, then her argument is a moot point and an empty argument to fool everyone into thinking this isn't a vendetta argument.

Her points make sense ...

Except that CSX owns the tracks and they will never go for her proposition. She is being disengenious. She also never mentions that she fought the commuter rail deal for her Lakeland nimby's who don't want more freight trains running through their lovely polk county. If she was writing an honest editorial she would have at least made mention of the increased freight trains in lakeland being a major concern of her and her constituents. This editorial is all political posturing on her part. Dockery is the anti christ. :whistling: