Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

The DirecTV blimp was flying over Downtown Orlando tonight showing the Magic game that was only airing on FSN Florida, which is not carried by Brighthouse.

I haven't seen the dirigible in person yet (though they did show it during Magic game broadcast) but I think it's a brilliant marketing move. Probably a little too distracting, but brilliant none-the-less.

The DirecTV blimp was flying over Downtown Orlando tonight showing the Magic game that was only airing on FSN Florida, which is not carried by Brighthouse.

I haven't seen the dirigible in person yet (though they did show it during Magic game broadcast) but I think it's a brilliant marketing move. Probably a little too distracting, but brilliant none-the-less.

I saw it last night. They definitely had the Magic on it. It's pretty cool, but you really can't see enough detail to see what teams are playing (unless you know ahead of time) and you obviously can't hear anything. And it's moving. Still cool in concept.

I saw it last night. They definitely had the Magic on it. It's pretty cool, but you really can't see enough detail to see what teams are playing (unless you know ahead of time) and you obviously can't hear anything. And it's moving. Still cool in concept.

so its like the new mini video ipod then?

This isn't a headline, but I thought I was in the movie Blade Runner last night.

I'm downtown and I look up and see a blimp with a screen on it almost the size of the blimp itself. They had a video of a football game running on it. I'm sure they were doing a test run for the Capital One game. I just needed my car to levitate.

Here's a shot of it from the Sentinel:

blimpse7.jpg

And the hits at City Place just keep on coming....

March deadline set for claims in Lexington case

ORLANDO -- People who paid deposits for units at the Lexington condo hotel in downtown Orlando now have until March 21 to claim some of that money back.

But that offer could be extended to others not involved in the Lexington's sales, much to the chagrin of the condo-hotel depositors.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...9077200^1568844

And the hits at City Place just keep on coming....

March deadline set for claims in Lexington case

ORLANDO -- People who paid deposits for units at the Lexington condo hotel in downtown Orlando now have until March 21 to claim some of that money back.

But that offer could be extended to others not involved in the Lexington's sales, much to the chagrin of the condo-hotel depositors.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...9077200^1568844

I hope the Owners of Lake Title and Kalivretenos are criminally held liable for their breach of trust and the depositors are able to extend their claims beyond the corporate veils.

Edited by FLheat

Group Tries To Get Ban On Gay Marriage

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:45:42 AM

Two weeks before the presidential primary, civil rights groups are teaming up to try and stop an amendment against gay marriage.

The Human Rights Campaign -- the nation's largest gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender civil rights group -- is holding a series of educational sessions to inform voters of the November state constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage and eliminate all domestic partnerships.

The training session will be held Tuesday night at Fifi's Bistro-Wine Bar Restaurant on South Eola Drive starting at 5:30.

On the other side of the debate, the gay marriage petition circulating the state by the group called Florida4Marriage is having a hard time coming up with enough signatures to get the gay marriage ban on the ballot.

The lack of signatures is because of duplicates found in the verification process.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if the local market and real estate market turns around, let the good times roll for another 4 years!!!!

Dyer Re-Elected As Orlando Mayor

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The incumbent Buddy Dyer defeated Ken Mulvaney in the race for Orlando mayor.

Sixty percent of voters chose Dyer and 40 percent voted for Mulvaney.

A happy Dyer thanked his supporters at the Dubsdread golf course in Orlando Tuesday night

http://www.wesh.com/news/15170987/detail.html

• 2 weeks later...