Icon on Bond

torgo

Even though the building itself is just a box, I would be reasonably happy with it if there were something, ANYTHING going on at ground level. I was excited about the original drawings. Does anyone have those to compare to the current one?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a reliable source confirmed that he was approached by someone claiming to be a chicago developer. The Chicago developer wanted both sites but has failed to produce an offer. Too bad we could use a well capitalized developer to put something on that site with a bit of size and style!

Aaah, I see...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a reliable source confirmed that he was approached by someone claiming to be a chicago developer. The Chicago developer wanted both sites but has failed to produce an offer. Too bad we could use a well capitalized developer to put something on that site with a bit of size and style!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm...interesting. Here is a question though. If Moch is looking to unload the properties to someone else to build, would that company build the bunker Moch has designed or would they design something that looks different? Because, if they would design something different, why would Moch design anything at all? He must have 100k already invested in this project, considering all the design changes and whatnot. If the buyer is re-designing it, why would they pay Moch anything if they are not using his design? Or, are we just gonna be stuck with the Fort eventually, and the only remaining question is who builds it?

Hmm...interesting.  Here is a question though.  If Moch is looking to unload the properties to someone else to build, would that company build the bunker Moch has designed or would they design something that looks different?  Because, if they would design something different, why would Moch design anything at all?  He must have 100k already invested in this project, considering all the design changes and whatnot.  If the buyer is re-designing it, why would they pay Moch anything if they are not using his design?  Or, are we just gonna be stuck with the Fort eventually, and the only remaining question is who builds it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope it gets purchased with the plans for the 20 story towers. I thought it was a good design. 400 units plus retail in modern looking buildings would be amazing. Are they really putting penthouses above union square?

I think if he were truly pitching to a well funded outside developer, he could easily spend several hundred thousand dollars and still more than cover his costs. Especially if he sells a project that has $26 million in funding attached. I'm sure he could flip it for an easy million (not that I am saying this is the case).

Joe

Hmm...interesting.  Here is a question though.  If Moch is looking to unload the properties to someone else to build, would that company build the bunker Moch has designed or would they design something that looks different?  Because, if they would design something different, why would Moch design anything at all?  He must have 100k already invested in this project, considering all the design changes and whatnot.  If the buyer is re-designing it, why would they pay Moch anything if they are not using his design?  Or, are we just gonna be stuck with the Fort eventually, and the only remaining question is who builds it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if he were truly pitching to a well funded outside developer, he could easily spend several hundred thousand dollars and still more than cover his costs. Especially if he sells a project that has $26 million in funding attached. I'm sure he could flip it for an easy million (not that I am saying this is the case).

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So would the outside developer build Moch's design, or design something else?

Here is the original design was that was approved waaaay back in Fall of 2003. Sorry the pics aren't that great :blush: but here they are. Notice the nice round-about with fountain in the second pic:

Moch1.jpg

Moch2.jpg

Moch3.jpg

Moch4.jpg

And here is what it will apparently look like when (if) it gets built:

Moch5.jpg

Yeeesh.

Here is the original design was that was approved waaaay back in Fall of 2003.  Sorry the pics aren't that great :blush: but here they are.  Notice the nice round-about with fountain in the second pic:

Moch1.jpg

Moch2.jpg

Moch3.jpg

Moch4.jpg

And here is what it will apparently look like when (if) it gets built:

Moch5.jpg

Yeeesh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice photos sure beats the fort Moch concept. ;)

I prefer the "Miami - ish" style of the first design to the new design that looks to be nothing more than an upscale version of tenement housing. Has anyone ever told him this? Does it cost that much more to build a building that has a little "class"?

"Did anyone else find the old design a bit "Miami-ish" for that area?"

A bit "Miami-ish" for Las Vegas, too ... but that's where the original Solomon Cordwell Buenz-designed towers are going to be built. At least that's what I've heard.

I walked past the site just a few minutes ago, and the small lot on the Northeast corner of bond and trowbridge has been filled with gravel and leveled off. It also has a 'fort moch' sign on it. Is that gonna be a building or just a parking lot? Or a place to keep extra alligators :P ?

Yeah, I saw that too. It looks like there were going to be lots of trees, the building would've been open to the street, and the buildings themselves would've been unique, instead of the boxes that we might end up with. It's a shame that a good project has turned in to such a disappointment.

Anyone know what the incentive is for a union to provide the financing for this project. Won't they be taking on significant risk for a project that has sold less than 30% (34 of 118) of the units? One the the provious posts said that they were told "sales have been exceptionally strong." Thirty four units in the time frame that this project has been around is not very strong. Plus, at least 30 of the units on the south tower are very undesireable because of the lack of windows or adjacency to neighboring buildings. The ratio of bad units to good units is even worse for the north tower.

Yes, fascinating use of differing materials. I just put a deposit on my unit (yeaaahhh!). Here is a picture I took of my front door. What do you guys think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The project has door men too, I was just talking to one and he let me take his picture.

alligator.jpg

Nice guy, could've used a breath mint, though

NON-SARCASTIC LIVE UPDATE: :P

There is an actual, real, non-reptilian human being at the working at the site today. I'm assuming he's doing some drilling/foundation type work? I can't read the truck with the company logo on it.

Moch must've found a place to buy his hippos! :D

NON-SARCASTIC LIVE UPDATE: :P

There is an actual, real, non-reptilian human being at the working at the site today.  I'm assuming he's doing some drilling/foundation type work?  I can't read the truck with the company logo on it.

Moch must've found a place to buy his hippos!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet you its Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter. :rofl:

Archived