Tallahassee: Roads

Florida

Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tallahassee Road is your favorite?

• Apalachee Parkway
    • Blairstone Road
    • Capital Circle
    • Mahan Drive (East)
    • Tennessee Street (West)
    • Monroe Street
    • Old Bainbridge
    • Thomasville Road
    • Other (Explain)

Don't know if anyone noticed, but if you look closely at the backlit street signs along Weluanee Blvd, you can see that "Weluanee" was misspelled, and it looks like a couple of letters were altered with a magic marker or something to make the correct spelling. I think the signs spelled "Weliianee" and a line was drawn to connect the two "i"s to make it look like a "u". If you notice, you'll see that the "u" looks unusual and too squared off.

Those backlit signs are expensive! Someone needs to double-check the spelling of these roads before their shipped and installed!

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Orange Avenue Extension...you can now clearly see on both the East & West sides of Capital Circle where this new road will be. They've pushed through & opened up the West side of the extension out to CC this week.

WOW! Plaza Tower is going to be impressive from the East! More impressive in those shots than I imagined. It will be amazing sunsets for those investing in Falls Chase... That's the first good thing i said about this project i Think...

P.S. If anyone is interested in purchasing a painting of what Falls Chase used to be- I earned a B with it in college... sigh

I simply love Blairstone Road. I was on it last night showing my best friend around to some of the newer projects and I was able to cover alot of ground using this road. Some of the things I reviewed were:

• Mandalay Bay

• New Specialty Hospital off of Miccosukee Road

• Evening Rose

• Fallschase

• Welaunee Blvd.

• Parish's New Office Park on Welaunee Blvd.

• The New City Homes on Miccosukee.

• The New Orange Avenue

• Capital Circle Southeast

• Southwood's New Commercial Buildings

My friend was quite impressed with all of the new changes in Tallahassee since last year. Showing off our progress gave me the realization that Tallahassee has changed quite a bit over the last few years and continues to do so. I can't complain about any of the new changes I see as they are, in my opinion, enhancements to this community. I love what we're becoming.

Finally: Does anyone know why the huge Black electronic sign that was once on Monroe near the Tallahassee Mall is gone? Are they going to bring it back? Are the other electronic signs still on the interstate?

Yes, they took them down a couple of weeks ago because there was something wrong with that group of signs. There was a small blurb in the Democrat about it, but they are going to replace them within the next few weeks, meaning in government terms, hopefully before Summer 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Woodville Hwy widening added to priority list. They want to widen Woodville Hwy from 2 to 4 lanes from Gaile Ave. all the way down to just south of the Wakulla border. I am almost sure when the planning or construction phases of this project begins, they'll face strong opposition from the NIMBY's in Woodville. Glad to see this one on the list b/c that means hopefully it will be constructed just before we all leave this earth.

Other topic to note, the article states that Mahan is a priority only from Dempsey Mayo just to Walden. I thought the next step was to take it all the way to I-10??? If they do it this piece-meal way, it will be 20 years or more before it's completed to I-10...just in time to add another lane on both sides to what they've just done.

Of course all this is coming from Harry Reed, E.D. of the Capital Region Trans. Planning Agency. He's the same joker that successfully killed any funding for the Red Hills P'way, stated that no new exits (not even Welanuee) were planned for I-10 and reminded us that I-10 in Tally is currently NOT used for local trips and should never be used as such.

Woodville Hwy widening added to priority list. They want to widen Woodville Hwy from 2 to 4 lanes from Gaile Ave. all the way down to just south of the Wakulla border. I am almost sure when the planning or construction phases of this project begins, they'll face strong opposition from the NIMBY's in Woodville. Glad to see this one on the list b/c that means hopefully it will be constructed just before we all leave this earth.

Other topic to note, the article states that Mahan is a priority only from Dempsey Mayo just to Walden. I thought the next step was to take it all the way to I-10??? If they do it this piece-meal way, it will be 20 years or more before it's completed to I-10...just in time to add another lane on both sides to what they've just done.

Of course all this is coming from Harry Reed, E.D. of the Capital Region Trans. Planning Agency. He's the same joker that successfully killed any funding for the Red Hills P'way, stated that no new exits (not even Welanuee) were planned for I-10 and reminded us that I-10 in Tally is currently NOT used for local trips and should never be used as such.

Old Exit 31! :P

------------------------------------------------------

Plans to relieve Trojan Trail traffic under way

A two-year construction project to create a "Trojan Trail Passway" near Lincoln and Apalachee Elementary has begun. The project is slated to be finished by October 2008. The bypass will re-route commuter traffic from between the two schools to around the south and west sides of Apalachee.

post-3748-1189690922_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1189690922_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Bucklake Road Construction

PTFCMBupdate040.jpg

Going towards Mahan Drive (NW) on Bucklake.

PTFCMBupdate042.jpg

You can see where the divided lanes form ahead in this picture.

PTFCMBupdate043.jpg

A closer shot with the county's signage off on the right hand side.

PTFCMBupdate045.jpg

Mounds of Fallschase on the left in this shot.

PTFCMBupdate046.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Question for you eastsiders and everyone else: With the growth in eastern Leon one day (no matter what the bird-brain ED at the Regional Transportation Agency says) we are going to need a new I-10 exit between Mahan and FL 59 in Jeff. County. Where would that exit best be located? Chaires Road or Baum Road or somewhere else? Keep in mind that one day Welanuee should have an exit between Capital Circle NE and Mahan if the bird-brain doesn't fudge that one up. Again this is only hypothetical and we are talking years and years away.

I'd say Chaires b/c it goes all the way to US 27 and way past there as I believe Baum does not connect directly w/US 27? Also doesn't Chaires (in the form of another named road) go further north than Baum? Please correct me in my mistakes.

I have thought about that too. Chaires is a bit too close to the US90 exit but Baum might be a bit too far but closer being in the middle between 59 and 90. I would say in about 10 years or less we would need that exit and with in 5 we will need the exit for Welaunee. All of that makes too much since so it probably will not be built in our life times.

Archived