Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

^^

The Rays are a possibility. They might have been in talks with Watson about that baseball dome deal a few weeks back. Plus, they had some of their opening games at WWS.

As for the Citrus... if they could keep the two bowls and the FAMU-BCC Classic, get UCF to play 1 game there per year, and get FSU and UF to commit an away game there either every year or every other year, then they would be in pretty good shape. The High School state championship is hosted in Gainesville every year-- there's a possibility. Or, the ACC Title game-- don't know what contract they have with Jax. The SEC Title game needs to stay in the ATL.

The Buccaneers have one of the most respected stadiums in the NFL.

The Dolphins also have a respected, large and modern stadium.

The Jaguars have a fairly new and modern stadium.

The Dolphins are like a city institution and part of the cities life, so the Dolphins for sure are never moving, the Bucs also have a huge loyal fanbase and part of the cities identity just like the Dolphins.

And the Dolphins have one of the best attendance in the NFL and the Bucs and Jags are right in the middle of bunch with good attendance.

So the chances of a NFL team moving to Orlando very unlikely, very much less likley are the chances of expansion team coming here.

Baseball? Very unlikely, unless the Rays move, but really doubt they'll move a couple of miles north, but hey you never know.

Hockey, really dont know much but having Tampa so close does hurt Orlandos chance of getting an NHL team.

I agree on the Bucs, but would hardly call Pro Player, or wahetever its called now, modern.

^^^The High School state championship isnt hosted in Gainsville, its been in Miami for a couple of years and been through diffrent cities through out the years, I believe Orlando is set to host it next year.

you are correct. the high school championships are in orlando next year, and possibly the year after as well.

man, i should start gambling in Vegas, or start betting in general....

didn't I say to do just that a few months ago--- to make the streets ped friendly, fill in under I-4 like some underground with retail and get rid of the parking and fool people to forget that they're not walking under a highway. hope it's done like that.

I called that too, only I thought it should be bars/clubs under there and maybe a skate park or basketball courts. But I just got back from Vegas, where I managed to lose money on "futures" bets so Miss Cleo I'm not..

The Dolphins are like a city institution and part of the cities life, so the Dolphins for sure are never moving, the Bucs also have a huge loyal fanbase and part of the cities identity just like the Dolphins.

And the Dolphins have one of the best attendance in the NFL and the Bucs and Jags are right in the middle of bunch with good attendance.

So the chances of a NFL team moving to Orlando very unlikely, very much less likley are the chances of expansion team coming here.

Baseball? Very unlikely, unless the Rays move, but really doubt they'll move a couple of miles north, but hey you never know.

Hockey, really dont know much but having Tampa so close does hurt Orlandos chance of getting an NHL team.

I think as the Orlando metro area grows another major league sports team is bound to follow.

I think as the Orlando metro area grows another major league sports team is bound to follow.

You would think so, but we're kind of blocked out since Florida is saturated with teams now and we're probably too close to Jax and Tampa to ever get football. Tampa should have football and hockey. Orlando should have baseball and basketball. That leaves Jax with football, which is probably the only sport their metro size could support. Football is the easiest sport for support. You only need to sell out about 10 games a year, (including one preseason and one post season game), and they're all usually weekend games. Football is an easy sell.

AFL is getting a little more popular in America but its still not a major league that everybody knows, If you ask anyone if they know the Predators or even the league less than half if even that would tell you that they know them.

Sharks, I dont even know what they are so yea.

And what do you mean by east coast hockey team? Another minor league?

And I agree with Facilities Man, Florida is already packed with teams and Orlando got in the game too late, Miami with the 4 big teams, Tampa has 3, and Jax has 1.

The only thing that I can see in Orlando in the future is baseball, thats if the rays ever move, Orlando will never have Football, or Hockey, Football because every major city in Florida already has a football team and another one wouldnt fit in especially with Tampa so close, and the same thing with Hockey having such a major team so close in Tampa hurts Orlandos chances of getting NHL.

One thing Orlando could get in the future is the smaller leauges, like the many they already have.

Well I may be in the minority here, but I'm an old Solar Bears season ticket holder and would welcome minor league hockey back with open arms. I can actually afford to take the family more than a couple times a year and the atmosphere can be great. Hell, your example of half the people not knowing AFL teams holds true for many NHL teams as well. The NHL has really lost national exposure so all things being equal I'll take a minor league that I can afford.

Minor league hockey can be succesful here with the right promotion and agressive group sales. The Solar Bears drew pretty good for awhile.

I do wish we could get the AHL though and not the ECHL. The AHL is the primary feeder system for the NHL and many of the teams the Solar Bears played against are in that league now. I wish RDV would let the new team use the Solar Bears name and logo. I want Shades back!!!

Blog from sentinel

"There's another million sewn up for the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center project. This time the donors are Marc and Sharon Hagle, Winter Park philanthropists who started the Winter Park Live Oak Fund, the group that's trying to replace the trees felled by Hurricane Charley and its brethren.

The Hagles are in the real-estate business (he's CEO of Tricor International, a developer), and he's also on the board of the Orlando Philharmonic.

The grand total for DPAC now is just over $80 million in private donations. They're shooting for $110 million -- or more."

Blog from sentinel

"There's another million sewn up for the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center project. This time the donors are Marc and Sharon Hagle, Winter Park philanthropists who started the Winter Park Live Oak Fund, the group that's trying to replace the trees felled by Hurricane Charley and its brethren.

the oaks. I wondered about that, whether some entity was planning to have new ones replanted around town. I've got two outside of my front door in a 2 year old development that were dinky when planted and now are getting to 20 ft tall and the trunks are twice as thick. give those trees a year or two more and you wouldn't even notice you young they are compared to their much older neighbors.

If I was rich, I would plat every street in Winter Park and number our every vacan patch without a tree and fill those areas with new oaks. 5 years later, and wala!

the oaks. I wondered about that, whether some entity was planning to have new ones replanted around town. I've got two outside of my front door in a 2 year old development that were dinky when planted and now are getting to 20 ft tall and the trunks are twice as thick. give those trees a year or two more and you wouldn't even notice you young they are compared to their much older neighbors.

If I was rich, I would plat every street in Winter Park and number our every vacan patch without a tree and fill those areas with new oaks. 5 years later, and wala!

The only challenge with the quick-growing oak trees (laurel oaks) is that they tend to have a shorter life span (60-70 years) as opposed to live oaks which can go on for centuries. There was a problem with the laurel oaks back in the 80's and 90s downtown because so many had been planted under Mayor Marks' tree-planting campaign back about 1924 and all reached the end of their lives about the same time. That also impacted the in-town neighborhoods when Hurricane Charlie came through.

I have to disagree with that for one reason only. Population growth. The State of Florida has four major metropolitan areas each of which could have its own team in the future. Although NYC might be an odd example, it does have two football teams (Jets/Giants), two baseball teams (Yankees/Mets) two basketball teams (Knicks/Nets) and three hockey teams (Rangers/Devils/Islanders). Total market size for NYC is approx. 20M, but its the same city. If there is ever enough of an economic demand to make NFL football a reality, I am sure that it will happen.

Orlando Magic announce firm to build new arena

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...rl_tab01_layout

31629685.jpg

Some design from the same firm

31629672.jpg

31629682.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess Baker Barrios is not in this, we might not have a visor for our arena. Oh no.

Orlando Magic announce firm to build new arena

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...rl_tab01_layout

31629685.jpg

Some design from the same firm

31629672.jpg

31629682.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess Baker Barrios is not in this, we might not have a visor for our arena. Oh no.

The rendering they have been showing for the new arena looks very similar to the Pepsi Center in Denver, IMO